Who's in a muzzle already?

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Has it arrived and if so, how do you like it?

I need two and am thinking of using them as just soakers. I fancy the idea of an easily moveable thing, Also wondering how easy they are to keep clean as all my things have needed a good scrub at least daily.

Depending on the size of your nets if you just want soakers I’ve found the large cattle lick tubs are an ideal size. I use the Shires 4.5kg haylage nets with the smaller holes which fit perfectly. The tubs themselves are easy to keep clean and even full of water light enough to tip down the drain.

skint1

Visit site
My PPID gelding has been on restricted grazing since early March, he was a bit colicky one night which is very unlike him, and I took that as my warning that things were beginning to stir. As soon as summer turnout starts he'll be in during day most of the time, it works well for him. He has worn a muzzle but he's not that happy about it, but he will do it if the conditions warrant it, but my friend's pony happily wears his.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I'm still waiting to see more grass in the field before going to the muzzle. He's a comfortable size coming out of winter, continued to improve his weight with a muzzle last summer. No sign of the grass glands and he's coming in hungry rather than snoozy so I think I'll just keep an eye on the grass.

I on the other hand desperately need a muzzle. My easter eggs haven't made it to easter after a difficult couple of weeks

Reactions: SEL
Visit site
Yes Baron and Tank both are, Tank in a dinky muzzle which is Perfect, he’s on 12.2 Baron has a shires one but I’ve ordered him a flexible fillies one. I’m happy to manage them the way I do and they are both incredibly well and have been managed this way for years. Both would not be able to go out without muzzles when grass is coming though and when it’s good grass.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Depending on the size of your nets if you just want soakers I’ve found the large cattle lick tubs are an ideal size. I use the Shires 4.5kg haylage nets with the smaller holes which fit perfectly. The tubs themselves are easy to keep clean and even full of water light enough to tip down the drain.
I have them already but also concocted something with a tap which I prefer so thought I'd treat myself to something dual-purpose. I prefer some small flexible baskets to nets - they seem really durable, too!