Who's in Cumbria ?

kat2290

Visit site
Me :) but near cockermouth so I think I'm quite a way from everybody else from what I've picked up in other posts

cyberhorse

Visit site
I'm near J36 at Lupton, which is Cumbria for somethings and Lancashire for others so one foot in each county! Was less confusing when it was Westmorland. My horses are down near Lancaster.

tigger01

Visit site
Me! I live near Orton (sort of Tebay area near the M6). Desperate for people to ride with esp during the week - can even provide the horse!!! Also recommend me a riding club to join too please!

Leitrim

Visit site
Me! I live near Orton (sort of Tebay area near the M6). Desperate for people to ride with esp during the week - can even provide the horse!!! Also recommend me a riding club to join too please!

Sorry ... it's a long time since this thread started but I'd second your request for details of a riding club.

I'm 15 miles up the A685 from you and I'd also like people to ride with but didn't start learning until I retired (early) so am likely to be too old and too much of a beginner to be the slightest use as a riding 'companion'. This is really not an exaggeration and it would be no pleasure to ride with me at all because you'd probably hardly ever even get into trot ... and certainly not canter. Absolutely no modesty here - just plain fact.

It would be great though if a few of the folk who live in the Eden Valley (or nearby) could get together to start a riding club.