Who's old enough to remember this

hobo

Visit site
Oh wow, your yard could do Follyfoot weekends for zimmer framed old groupies like me :)

This I loved it and have bought the DVD. The theme tune is now going through my head, we have a lightning tree in my horse field and it got battered last winter and I was very sad to lose it.

rhylis

Visit site
I'm old enough, although I was quite young when it was on and can't remember much about it. Although the theme tune is definitely ingrained on my brain! 70's telly was certainly something, I'm currently reliving my childhood by rewatching Blakes 7. My OH thinks I'm having some sort of mid life crisis!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I remember it vaguely as I was quite young but loved horses so I had to watch it, I think I had some follyfoot books when I was older.

I remember the black beauty series more I really loved that and used to pretend I was the blond girl that rode beauty in the series and even wanted my hair like hers, I wouldn't let my mum cut my hair for years for that reason.

Last edited:

ozpoz

Visit site
I didn't often watch it but as children,we all loved to remind ourselves that the lead actress kept falling off for no reason at all!

DTV

Visit site
Yup,that and White Horses (remember that?,black and white dubbed French series with a haunting theme) ALWAYS on during school hols.Must get round to watching it again lol.

JJS

Visit site
Haha is the "tree" still there? Feather cuts and flares and that dreadful whiny actress. I'm going to be singing the theme tune all day now ...

Yes, it's still there, and the whole site is still noticeably Follyfoot Farm.

fburton

Visit site
I remember all of these. There was Flambards too. I think White Horses was German TV, but based on books by a Yugoslavian author and filmed in Yugoslavia near Lipica (now Slovenia, where Lipizzaners originated).

ETA: There was a French series called The Flashing Blade which had a lot of horses galloping about in it, but was probably more for boys than for girls because of all the fighting.

Last edited:

sjb10

Visit site
Ah, yes, I remember White Horses and the Flashing Blade on Saturday mornings. I think I must have missed out on Follyfoot, although having googled it can't really claim I am too young!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Yup,that and White Horses (remember that?,black and white dubbed French series with a haunting theme) ALWAYS on during school hols.Must get round to watching it again lol.

Oh White Horses! Loved that :) Have got the theme tune on my phone for some selected horsey folk lol :) and the others have the black beauty theme, tho non- horse people have R2D2 chattering...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtCNbERKvMs

Greylegs

Visit site
Also dont forget Champion the Wonder Horse.......happy childhood memories!!

Lol ... you beat me to it. I was a big Champion fan. Wasn't there another one called "Fury, Son of the Wild" or similar. Off to google it now .....

....... shuffles off, feeling very ancient indeed ......

MochaDun

Visit site
Yes had a Follyfoot jigsaw too I think at one point. We had a 78rpm record of the Wonder Horse music also! And I had 3 Sindy horses from the 1960s...scroll down past the bed on this link for the grey and the bay...I still have two of them, the grey has a broken leg held together with ancient sellotape :D

http://www.oursindymuseum.com/1966scenesetters.htm

And I also had a Patch's Pony (semi melted from being left in front of mushroom heater) and a Bonanza dark grey horse on ballbearings, not sure which Cartwright that belonged to :) Just looked on eBay and an unmelted Patch's pony is on at £25..I might be sitting on a gold mine if they weren't like all real horses and not all broken in some way or another lol. I could never look after my toys well, my sister's by comparison were always immaculate.

Caracarrie

Visit site
Oh dear, I can remember all of these too. And the nerd part of my brain has just reminded me that the composer of Black Beauty theme was Harry Rabinowitz, a very well known conductor, and the Master of Horse for it was Reg Dent. How bad is that?

Caracarrie

Visit site
Yes had a Follyfoot jigsaw too I think at one point. We had a 78rpm record of the Wonder Horse music also! And I had 3 Sindy horses from the 1960s...scroll down past the bed on this link for the grey and the bay...I still have two of them, the grey has a broken leg held together with ancient sellotape :D

http://www.oursindymuseum.com/1966scenesetters.htm

And I also had a Patch's Pony (semi melted from being left in front of mushroom heater) and a Bonanza dark grey horse on ballbearings, not sure which Cartwright that belonged to :) Just looked on eBay and an unmelted Patch's pony is on at £25..I might be sitting on a gold mine if they weren't like all real horses and not all broken in some way or another lol. I could never look after my toys well, my sister's by comparison were always immaculate.

None of the Cartrights rode a dark grey.

Fidgety

Visit site

I loved that series! I remember Hugo, but not the other character's names. I don't know what it is about the theme tune but it makes my eyes well up too :)

blodwyn1

Visit site
I remember them all! I have a boxed DVD set of champion the wonder horse and watched the whole lot when I was ill last year! Do you remember Belle and Sebastian as well?