Who's old enough to remember this

JJS

Visit site
This is actually the lake on the Follyfoot site, taken today.

471CCB54-0BCF-4F89-9905-91B17E5B61A8.jpg

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i remember all of the horse programmes but champion and fury were my childhood heroes. follyfoot came along when i was in my 20's so i am really old!!!!!

Sam_J

Visit site
Don't think I watched Follyfoot (maybe I'm too young :p) but I always loved Black Beauty and Champion the Wonder Horse. Does anyone remember a programme called The Moon Stallion?

Cobbytype

Visit site
I remember this.
Does anyone remember a series about White Horses I think it was called, in black and white about Lipizzaners?
I can remember the theme tune too which I used to like.
It was this one, filmed in the 60's
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Horses

Oh yes cremedemonthe, I want the feem toon from White Horses at my funeral (cheerful as ever aren't I :)).... "On white horses let me ride away..."

Edited to add link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtCNbERKvMs

Last edited:

Brummyrat

Visit site
Not horsey related at all but someone upthread mentioned all the stuff on in school holidays...anyone remember Robinson Crusoe? When we went on holiday (obviously someone glamorous like Great Yarmouth!) I always pretended I was filming it while on the beach, can still remember the theme tune. But Im very old!

blodwyn1

Visit site
I have a signed black and white photo of Roy Rogers on Trigger which I found in an antique shop and couldn't resist . I am now humming' My four legged friend' to myself!

rextherobber

Visit site
Do you mean Mr Ed the talking horse?

No, the rather lovely horse didn't talk, there was an annoying girl..I can't remember much-I think girl hid horse from parents, but bizarrely have mental picture of horse standing in the kitchen(girl must have been really bad at hiding things). Was lovely, big, glossy horse, possibly bay(black and white telly!) Was on at getting home from school time

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I have a signed black and white photo of Roy Rogers on Trigger which I found in an antique shop and couldn't resist . I am now humming' My four legged friend' to myself!

wow, that was a find..lucky you....if i had seen it i would have bought it as well....a big part of my childhood...