Who's producing 4 yr olds to do the young horse classes?

CleverHorses

Visit site

I've got a 4 year old who i'm hoping to do wwec 4 yr old class on as my first event.
Where are you hoping to go as your first event, and what are you currently doing with your youngster ( training wise)?

Mine has been xc schooling twice and out doing a bit of showjumping, at home he's jumping rounds of 3 ft + happily and working on the dressage really well.

Bit worried he won't be ready for the atmosphere of an event. As the only thing he struggles on is getting to places and waiting on the lorry and when being brought off it, he often blows his brain being somewhere new!
Really struggle to hang on to him even in a bridle! But once on he's as quiet as a mouse. So lots of outings needed.

Do any of your youngsters have any small issues?

gabriellexxxx

Visit site
IWell mines a 5 year old, but a very green one! And was hoping for an intro run by augusyt but that seems a long way off right now! He's lovely, and has only got one issue. When you attempt to mount, as soon as you put the foot in the stirrup, he runs off, running through anybody holding him for me at the time! Tends to make for interesting mounting
crazy.gif

CleverHorses

Visit site
Was a little while ago since you've been there then. Has been about 4/5 yrs since i've been. Last time I was there I did a Novice and the show jumping was huge so I'm hoping the intro sj won't be to big.
smile.gif

pinktiger

Visit site
am hoping to do the BYEH 4year olds, wont attempt it till july, flatwork is ok been to first dressage show was as good as gold stood on lorry, was a little shocked by it all but coped v well Won his class with 64% summut was very pleased!! Started jumping and he copes well with that, his problem is being 17'1 and 4 in a few days, he needs time to develop physically (mentally hes 10) But we plod on and hope we will make the BYEH!!

Baydale

Visit site
I'm trying, or he's trying my patience, one of the two.
mad.gif
wink.gif
Got our first BYEH at Houghton on Thursday, then will do one or two of the British Breeding qualifiers later in the year. He's just been ticking over while I've been recovering from my fractured pelvis, but then the last two weeks have been busier for him: Arena UK training show Wednesday, unaffilated sj on Friday, but he is a bit of a cocky little gobsh**e so I'm not too worried about him becoming a shrinking violet when I get too Houghton.
laugh.gif
Watch this space, he'll probably be awful now I've posted this.
crazy.gif
At the end of the day he's 4, in the long term scheme of things does it really matter if he's not Perfect Pony at his age?
confused.gif

diggerbez

Visit site
i had been hoping to do BYEH and the intro 4 year olds with mine but can't see him being ready- he wasn't broken til Feb this year so is a fair bit behind a lot of 4 year olds who were broken last summer....think will aim for some dressage end of this year and try for 5 year olds next year instead...