Why are people so quick to judge other horse owners?

daisybe33

Visit site

I just wondered why people are so quick to judge people on their decisions about their horses care ( I mean differing views, not on the basic welfare decisions to do with the keep of a horse)

I have horses, compete at quite a high level but am a firm beleiver in "horses for courses" and my way is not necessarily the best way for everyone but it works for me. Some people however seem to think that their way is the only way and be damned evryone who doesn't agree and I just don't get it.

Also why are people so bitchy when it comes to horses. I'm always really pleased for people that do well with their horses. For the most part if they beat me they were better on the day so well done them but some people are just so bitchy and again I don't get it!!

Sorry rant over

gails

Visit site
I am with you Daisybe33, I have come acros this so often and IMHO it is poeple who are so set in their ways that they do not even cater for a horse on a individual basis, it seems to be one size fits all.

Linz75

Visit site
Because they are jealous/bored/have no life/bitter/twisted/nasty..
crazy.gif

Its not just the horsey ones, it seems to be everywhere these days!
frown.gif

charlie55

Visit site
Yep, im with you too. Someone at my yard feed's simple systems, now everyone that feeds there horse something other then this isnt thinking of there horses well being as well as they should be, because simple systems is the best!!! Oh and because my horse is spooky, its because of what i feed him (which is hi fi lite)!! Nothing to do with the spring grass and the wind we were having lately! Silly moo!!

ducktails

Visit site
Too many woman in one place... It's true all the men up my yard are lovely as are some of the woman. I fine the best way to deal with is is to agree with the ones that tell you they are right and then just do my thing!!! I am farly new up the yard and am slowly finding out who is who! I just stay pleasent to everyone after all I am not there for them I am there for my horse!!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I understand where you are coming from. I am at a yard now, we have 2 show jumpers & my daughter is the main rider. She competes most weeks & the people at our yard are genuinely interested in how things went when we get back tio the yard. This is great & it helps build confidence.

I have known occasions at another yard that the only time any interest was shown was if things hadn't gone right or there had been some problems. These people seemed to revel in it. It seems some people are jealous of any success that others have or the help & backing that anyone gets from friends or family.

Wilbur_Force

Visit site
I think that most people are genuinely happy when things go right. What really annoys me is people who compete and then come back desperate to tell you all about it when they've done well, but then scuttle off home asap if they havent gone so well. Double standards - its really annoys me!
grin.gif

diggerbez

Visit site
because women (and lets face it, its mostly women) are horrible!
mad.gif
some people just seem to think they know everything and revel in the misfortune of others...i left my old livery yard because of people like this grinding me down
frown.gif

NeilM

Visit site
Insecurity.

Those who are happy in the knowledge they have made a good decision will very rarely shout about it.

As a male rider in a very horsey area, I have the luxury of being able to watch from the outside. It is clear those who know and those who don't, and it is always those who don't who make the most noise about what they know, how to ride, and how to offer the best standards of husbandry. They figure the more they talk about it, the more people will accept that they know what they are talking about it. Their actions ALWAYS give them away.

I must have led a sheltered life, I thought only men talked so much BS!

Chavhorse

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
because women (and lets face it, its mostly women) are horrible!
mad.gif
some people just seem to think they know everything and revel in the misfortune of others...i left my old livery yard because of people like this grinding me down
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hear hear

Which is why I am sooo looking forward to moving Vardi to a yard with only 6 horses and 3 owners....we are all in our forties, one bloke looking, at the yard took 10 mins and getting to know each other an hour over a beer, I went over last week to drop some stuff off and ended up staying the afternoon drinking beer and watching the YO giving lessons, one lady does endurance but as she puts it the relaxed way "I take a picnic".... no Diva's it will be a breath of fresh air.

daisybe33

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Insecurity.

Those who are happy in the knowledge they have made a good decision will very rarely shout about it.

As a male rider in a very horsey area, I have the luxury of being able to watch from the outside. It is clear those who know and those who don't, and it is always those who don't who make the most noise about what they know, how to ride, and how to offer the best standards of husbandry. They figure the more they talk about it, the more people will accept that they know what they are talking about it. Their actions ALWAYS give them away.

I must have led a sheltered life, I thought only men talked so much BS!

[/ QUOTE ]

How true that is. I am of the opinion of unless your asked your advice keep out. But so many people think it's good to speak up regardless and normally talk such utter rubbish!
confused.gif

lilylotus

Visit site
It is in every industry not just the equestrian one. it's a shame and you are right Neil. It appears to be the fact that no one wants to be thought stupid or wanting and the best defence.....attack.

Problem is. It shouldn't work like that.

Also I am one so I can say it but some women just are that way which is a shame as we should support each other, not bitch.