Why are some horsey folk so mean?

maxmize

New User
Visit site
Possibly because naming and shaming is against the T&Cs on here?

unfortunately that breeds a whole way of bitching about people without having the ba1ls to name them, the only problem with why you wouldn’t name them is that what you are saying is lies and therefore libellous (sp) if it’s the truth them what’s the problem.

Goldenstar

Visit site
OP how nasty for your friend ,but she knows now and just needs to find a better place for the horse.
If I where her I would smile through gritted teeth and move on.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
If the legislation doesnt apply to private surveillance of your own property, I would imagine that it may depend on how your livery set-up is interpreted. If the livery is viewed as a service, cameras in a stable would probably be inadmissible and not legal. If it is interpreted as the rental of the stable for the exclusive use if your horse, it may not be a problem. (I am looking at this from a South African view point but am guessing law would be similar). As far as I can see, using cameras to protect your own property (including rented property) in a private capacity should not be illegal but on someone else's, without permission, definitely a no.

undergroundoli

Visit site
You get good and bad everywhere. I think its just that in any hobby the pool of people is smaller than the general population and these people stand out more. I dont think its anything to do with loving animals more than people or any other psychobabble.
I agree with you in theory, but I also cave which is about as niche a hobby as the is. People are noticably friendler, more relaxed and less judgmental than horse people.

Goldenstar

Visit site
It happens with other hoobys to Imwas out recently with a group of people who all do a hobby and the bitching was just like a bad livery yard I think it's a human issue .

undergroundoli

Visit site
unfortunately that breeds a whole way of bitching about people without having the ba1ls to name them, the only problem with why you wouldn’t name them is that what you are saying is lies and therefore libellous (sp) if it’s the truth them what’s the problem.

Nope, its that Horse and Hound cannot afford to defend itself even if it would win, and that it can't risk a minoraty of libellious postings, even if the vast majorary were in good faith. Also even if someone is posting in good faith if the YO had the opitunity to put theire side of the story it might be clear they are in the right (although OP I'm not sugesting thats the case here).

maxmize

New User
Visit site
Nope, its that Horse and Hound cannot afford to defend itself even if it would win, and that it can't risk a minoraty of libellious postings, even if the vast majorary were in good faith. Also even if someone is posting in good faith if the YO had the opitunity to put theire side of the story it might be clear they are in the right (although OP I'm not sugesting thats the case here).

Ive been involved with a number of libel cases where a person was derogitory about anothers business on a forum, the case is not taken against the forum (such as H&H) but against the poster.

My adivce to the livery in the OP would be to move inlife on especially if theyve gone to a better place.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site

I don't make the rules - but you presumably agreed with them when you signed up. IPC's forum, IPC's rules.

undergroundoli

Visit site
From the stickies

'... you have to understand that in order for IPC Media to provide you with this free service, we cannot allow discussion to take place that could lead to legal action being taken against the company.'

maxmize

New User
Visit site
I agree with both 'jemima*askin' and 'undergroundoli'. I have agreed to rules and will stick by them. I just dont like this forum being used as bitching schools.

As I said earlier the livery should move on in life and put their energy into positive things now.

undergroundoli

Visit site
I agree with both 'jemima*askin' and 'undergroundoli'. I have agreed to rules and will stick by them. I just dont like this forum being used as bitching schools.

As I said earlier the livery should move on in life and put their energy into positive things now.

:) the most vicious arguments are always between people who actually agree with each other.

rubysmum

Visit site
My meny stranded theory:

A) People like horses because they are rubbish with people. They go round accidentally upsetting others as they have the people skills of a newt.

B) Someone with the people skills of a newt likes horses, but as they are so socially inept they don't have a partner or end up with kids. Depending on the industry they work in theire lack of people skills stops them progressing at work. They have an inordanate amount of emotional energy left for horses, which causes them to be judgmental about other peoples horses.

C) People hater clings to horses but is just nasty to other people they come into contact with.

D) A high incedence of peoples A, B and C normalises bad behaviour in the horse world.

This has just caused me to ruin a perfectly lovely work dress, as I have snorted with laughter and sprayed my outfit with delicious stewed blackberries.

Not wishing to detract the OPs position, but that response is funny and true

MissChaos

Visit site
Ive been involved with a number of libel cases where a person was derogitory about anothers business on a forum, the case is not taken against the forum (such as H&H) but against the poster.

Both parties leave themselves wide open to a case being pursued if libellous content posted by person A is made or kept public by company X. An aggrieved party can also go after the relevant ISP for action if it becomes necessary.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
This has just caused me to ruin a perfectly lovely work dress, as I have snorted with laughter and sprayed my outfit with delicious stewed blackberries.

Not wishing to detract the OPs position, but that response is funny and true

The worst thing is that I recognise myself in one of those descriptions :(

undergroundoli

Visit site
The worst thing is that I recognise myself in one of those descriptions :(

At the moment I'm A, but with enough time I think I'll be B.

If the were lots of people with exceptional communication skills they could compensate for us newts and promote mutual understanding and happyness but the dont seem to be, or prehaps they have better things to do.

Sorry about your dress RM

Costypop

Visit site
It always makes me laugh when the owner of a yard of full liveries says people don't look after the horses correctly! You are the person looking after the horse on a daily basics so surely your dissing yourself :/

Spring Feather

Visit site
Going off-topic a bit again. I'd be very surprised if it is legal to install any surveillance cameras in the UK without putting signs up. It's not legal here and we're about 20 years behind you lot! I have foaling cctv cameras and it's the law to have signs for them, even though everyone knows they're there and what they're used for :smile3:

nix123

Visit site
What a c0w the yo is! I hope your friend manages to move soon. I wouldn't care if your allowed to film or not i would show everyone on the yard the tape, if they do with you they'll do it about you too.