Why are some people so stupid?! Rant!

SuperCoblet

Visit site
A 12 year old girl enquired me about loaning coblet, after a few questions it was qlear to see she was a nervous novis who needed a pony who had been there done that. So why on earth is she now going to get a pony (She hasen't even viewed it yet?!) that is only THREE?!

Not even to mention its a STALLION!!!
She says 'I want something to bring on now because i can jump' Said girl has been riding 2 years, can 'jump' 1ft, can barely figure out a diagonal, let alone 'bring on' a Section C stallion thats only 3.

Some people are clueless beyond beliefe... i just hope the Owners see sence and wont let her have it!!

mulledwhine

Visit site
That sounds a bit odd, could it be that mum and dad said to her to ask in the hopes that the owner would turn her down flat!!!! Just to prove a point?

I find it difficult to understand why any parent would allowa child to set up their own viewing, or perhaps they are just idiots.

LaurenBay

Visit site
If the parents arn't Horsey could you explain why this pony wouldn't be suitable for their daughter? They probably have no idea.

mulledwhine

Visit site
I know the sort iamsanta, but it is down to the owner to speak to re parents, not the child, and explain why this pony is defiantly not suitable.

Having non horsey parents, my situation went the other way, they wanted to know if the pony came with bubble wrap for me included :), rather that though, than completly clueless.

A conversation deffiantly needs to be had with the parents.

skint1

Visit site
If the parents arn't Horsey could you explain why this pony wouldn't be suitable for their daughter? They probably have no idea.

I agree, when I bought my 16 yo daughter coming off of ponies a 3yo ex racer who had been off the track about 6 weeks, we were not totally unhorsey but certainly novice owners with no experience of that type of horse. I do wish that someone had told me, would have saved us a lot of heartache and the horse would probably be 100% better off than she is today (she is turned away and seems happy enough so she probably might not agree :D but she is quite talented, she should have a job!)

FreddiesGal

Visit site
It sounds as though she is un knowledgeable because no one has bothered to tell her. I think someone should speak to the parents asap, for the safety of the child and the pony

Irishdan

Visit site
A family I know have recently purchased a totally unhandled yearling Sec A colt for a 2 year old child. Sadly no one in this family has the ability to deal with this pony. Got it at a horse sale for £20 - bargin!!!!!!!! The mentality of some people is totally beyond me!

pixie

Visit site
The horse market is rubbish at the moment. I've seen a huge influx of cheap weaned/yearling colts on sites such as preloved recently. I guess it costs more to geld them than they would manage to sell them for...

Dolcé

Visit site
A family I know have recently purchased a totally unhandled yearling Sec A colt for a 2 year old child. Sadly no one in this family has the ability to deal with this pony. Got it at a horse sale for £20 - bargin!!!!!!!! The mentality of some people is totally beyond me!

LOL, my 9 yo daughter had a fall at riding school and I decided to buy our own after years out of horses, what did I buy her? Not one but TWO totally wild untouched babies!!! They are now lovely ponies but what learning curve and my lack of confidence nearly cost one of them his life. My very experienced OH (not around when I got the other two) bought my young grandchildren a wild pony a couple of years ago, 'so that they had their own'. I think we can all be a bit mad sometimes!

FinalFurlong

Visit site
i think that kids learning need experienced parents to keep their feet on the ground and make it clear experience with horses takes years, if not parents then someone like an instructor to tell them that. the child obviously needs parents or someone to stop this, if i was an unhorsey parent id at least speak to the girls riding instructor about this horsey or not!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Ha ha, you get loads of time wasting calls when selling. Last year I had some young teenager calling about my eventer / showjumper. She said she was "learning working hunter", at that point I told her bye bye!

Ibblebibble

Visit site
so who does the stallion belong to? you mentioned the enquiry was to you but then say you hope the owners see sense, :confused:
kids of that age with little experience quite often think that if the pony is younger than them then they will be able to teach it something!!

Jazzy B

Visit site
I hope my daughter never bumps into any of you "horsey experts" fancy posting a post entitled "Why are some people so stupid?!! Rant!" sorry your talking about a 12 year old child and you just sound like a nasty bully maybe a post entitled "Why are some parents so stupid or maybe just ill informed" would have been a better title. I would have a chat with her parents and use your wealth of wisdom to put them on the right track!

rhino

Visit site
I hope my daughter never bumps into any of you "horsey experts" fancy posting a post entitled "Why are some people so stupid?!! Rant!" sorry your talking about a 12 year old child and you just sound like a nasty bully.

Harsh much? OP is also a child. Nice to know from the back of one post you have decided she's a nasty bully :(

Last edited:

Littlelegs

Visit site
Agree with miss bean. Yes, the parents maybe stupid, or ill informed or both. But the girls done nothing wrong apart from acting like a pony mad 12 year old who through no fault of her own lacks experience. Why don't you get her instructor to have a word with her parents if they won't listen to you?

Jazzy B

Visit site
Rhino, how would I know that, its a anonymous forum? The way the post is typed it sounds like an adult mocking a child however, instead of mocking the 12 year old who clearly does not know what she's looking for perhaps the OP could put her knowledge to better use and help.

Ladydragon

Visit site
Some people are clueless beyond beliefe... i just hope the Owners see sence and wont let her have it!!

So...I guess this girl didn't pop out of the womb with grand prix competency...

I hope the owners have more sense than to loan a horse to a child who isn't old enough to enter into any contract... If so, it's all a bit moot and they can explain the unsuitability to the parents when speaking to them...

The key is in your first sentence. Children are not 'clueless beyond belief', they just lack experience of life.

:)