why are thing never straight forward

cellie

Visit site
Last year we gave back the coloured in my siggie.She was a fantastic pony and took daughter to new level in pc and local comps.She came with few problems but with regular handling schooling etc we took her to a point when it was suggested that we affiliated her. When she went after 18 months(owner wanter her back)I bought daughter new mare tbx 16h my daughter has hurt her back and cant ride her.Owner of coloured has contacted me she cant cope with mare who was previously little plod round block.We took her out competing and owner doesnt feel confident and mare has been playing her up big time. I wanted to buy her but owner decided she missed her which was fine, we are good friends although hadnt known each other previously.
My dilemma is shes asking me for advice on what to do with her.She could be wonderful pc pony but to get her back to previous level and value she is wondering if I could take her back.My tb is injured and I have heartbreaking decision to make in finding him companion home for life or pts.Shes offered to look after my boy if I take her on but I dont want him moving all over the place and getting traumatised. I so want to help her and pony who we still miss.Things are never simple.
New mare has really settled with me but I dont compete and daughter is not riding her..She is sj but is working well with reschooling and hacking out all new to her.I feel like I will hold her back as she is sj orientated.
To top it all I have just lost my dog so feeling pretty lost myself.Dont know what to do for the best.
confused.gif

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
O dear cellie - it all happens at the same time doesn't it?
frown.gif

Ok the coloured is really the main issue here - if you have her back who is going to ride her bearing in mind your daughter isn't currently riding because of her back. Does she want you to take back the mare just to effectively reschool her so she can sell her? If I have got that right I feel she is being cheeky and taking advantage of your friendship and your previous attachment to the mare. So you take her back and do all the hard work and then she sells her?!

Your daughters SJ - how long is your daughter not able to ride for? To be honest I'm sure she won't notice or care that she isn't being jumped. I would just keep schooling and hacking her - neither are going to do her any harm - and don't forget horses ambition is limited to eating as much as possible
grin.gif
- not stressing about competing!!!
wink.gif

Sorry probably not much help really!
smile.gif

Cliqmo

Visit site
I wouldn't get involved with the coloured horse again, she clearly has a strong emotional attachment to the horse and *could* just be using you to get it up together again before selling it on for more money. As your daughter isn't riding at the moment (and sounds like a good little jockey anyway so wont have a problem finding another horse in the future) I wouldn't burden yourself with another horse at this time.

cellie

Visit site
Thanks SLINKY your right .Spoke to my old instructor tonight she happened to be on our yard and she said same thing about new mare.She said shes settled chilled looks really happy and we have good bond so who cares if she competes.Jennas back is hopefully short term issue and then she can do the competion riding, if I go down to one horse she can ride weekends or pc.
The coloured could be rehomed within pc with right family so might give them a ring it wouldnt take long to get her on right track.
Ollies another matter I have just advertised him for long term permanent companion home ,bless him ,it will be the hardest decision but hopefully the kindest.
Just got back from yard and new mare is hopping lame .Found tiny little scab same area as before when she had bad mud fever she must have nicked her leg all the rain last night has set of mud fever again.B***** y horses.
Just need my sensible head on too much going on.My boys are leaving home plus we have family illness and there is just too much going round my head.