Why ARE you justgiving to the Godiva fund?

LauraBR

Visit site
Ok, so we have heard lots of reasons why not to donate on the other thread
smirk.gif
so how about some reasons TO donate?
grin.gif

I'm pretty skint right now being a poor struggling artist but have donated a few £ for a couple of reasons...

First of all, I've donated to show my support to those people on here brave enough to bare themselves for charity- I certainly haven't the bottle!!!

Second of all, although the charity chosen is probably not one that I would ever benefit from personally it is nice to be able to support somewhere that has helped a lot of people who are part of the HHO (and wider equestrian) community directly and indirectly.

Thirdly, last years album was such a good giggle- some great photos and a lot of fun
laugh.gif

So, enough reasons not to support Godiva- how about sharing some reasons TO part with some cash?!
grin.gif

Justgiving Godiva Page

Honeypots

Visit site
I won't be baring all this year but will be donating...when I get round to it...just because...lets face it, any charity deserves some help
smile.gif

If every one of us donated £1..even 50p we'd raise a ton of money.
laugh.gif

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
I'll be donating because I think it's a great effort on behalf of lots of forum regulars who help create a great atmosphere on the forum and contribute loads of help and support for other members.

I don't have to support their chosen charity to want to help support them in their fantastic endeavours.

Keep up the good work girls (and the odd man
grin.gif
) and don't let the negativity get you down.

The Original Kao

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be donating because I think it's a great effort on behalf of lots of forum regulars who help create a great atmosphere on the forum and contribute loads of help and support for other members.

I don't have to support their chosen charity to want to help support them in their fantastic endeavours.

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Much better put than I was trying to say on the other thread
blush.gif

Ditto Nuala
grin.gif

Although I didn't think the men were odd last year, I reserve judgement for this year of course
tongue.gif
grin.gif

GinaB

Visit site
I'll be donating once I have my bank balance back up to a more healthy number
smile.gif

I am donating as it is going to a great cause and also for all those who are brave enough to strip off. I still can't believe I put my name down to do it!

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
im going to donate a bit, havent yet but i will when i find my card again
wink.gif
im donating because a) i think it seems to be a good charity to support, b) i know Weezy fairly well and would like to support something that she obviously is very close to. c) i one day may need their help and money is always needed in places like that.
im still going to donate as although im under 18 so cant see the pics. for me thats not the point.
smile.gif

Battyoldbint

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto

Mavis Cluttergusset

Visit site
I am one of the exhibitionists who is happy to prance about naked on the back of a horse (well maybe not; I havent decided on my pics yet but I am hoping they'll be more comedic than last years effort), and I want to do it because I dont really do much else for charity, it's a bit different, last year it supported a cause close to my heart and this year it is supporting a cause close to the heart of somebody I like very much. I also like that it is a 'smaller' charity and as such would not necessarily attract the same levels of fundraising as a large, well known charity.
smile.gif

Enfys

Visit site
Well, I'll be donating, not because I will ever benefit from this particular charity, but if it helps someone else, in pretty dire circumstances let's face it, I am happy to give a few dollars for it.

As Nuala says, I am also supporting anyone who has the nerve to strip off for a cause, any cause. Good for you lot.

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I havent decided on my pics yet but I am hoping they'll be more comedic than last years effort

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought your pictures last year were beautiful Mavis.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Perhaps I will show my scales...and perhaps a tasteful glimpse of wing, who knows....
And I'll be donating later...but have to confess that all I remember from last year was someone's lovely cob with a wall eye.
I'd never make a lech.
frown.gif

S
grin.gif

JadeWisc

Visit site
QR

I donated and I will be posing to support our charity this year. My reasons are many but the obvious one is to help make our fundraiser a success for the charities we choose.

It is also nice to feel humbled by the power we possess as a community and how brave people are willing to be to help others and for no personal benefit of thier own.

wallace

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
thank you - I was pleased with them but they weren't very 'me' - I want to try harder this year but I may have to get up very, very early to do one of my ideas
blush.gif
crazy.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you planning on a Frankie Dettori style victory dismount?

Or have I spoiled it now?
frown.gif
smirk.gif