Why Cant i Find a livery yard!!!

flump

Visit site
FFS!!!!

How difficult is it find livery for 2 horses in work and 1 retired! DIY livery with in a reasonable distance of abingdon or didcot...thought i had found somewhere but need optional cover if im on holiday etc! everywhere seems to be full :(

help me please before i go mental!

flump

Visit site
Isn't there a freelance person locally or a friend that can cover when you go on holiday? Thats what those of us that keep them at home do...

ohh i could look into that!! the only friend/family that could do it due to being a ble to drive is my mum and she works shifts so couldnt commit to certain times! I go on holiday alot so need someone reliable

mandwhy

Visit site
I emailed the parish council of the area I wanted, figured they would know people! Also put an advert in local shops/anywhere :) you have to go multiple ambush on these elusive places!

Littlelegs

Visit site
Find fields on a map, then drive round & find out which have horses in. From that, you then track down the owners of anywhere likely to match your needs. And while driving round looking, there's a high chance you'll meet someone who can also recommend places.

flump

Visit site
a woman hacked past my house the other day and i did shout after her to ask her and she then screamed at my dogs for barking and at me as my dog spooked her bombproof hallf dead cart horse that didnt even move so im quite scared of arriving at her yard lol!