WHY COMPETE AGAIN

kendra2705

Visit site
Thanks for all your answers you have really opened my eyes , as I have no interest in competing against others but I have realised that I do to a point compete against myself in some ways , today I did a sponsored ride , nothing special always done endurance would have loved photos going over the x-country jumps but too wary as my horse rushes too much and I worry she will catch a leg, BUT TODAY YYYYYEEEEAAAAHH I did a jump after the ride she was calmer, (im not scared of jumping just jumping her) and after that I did the jump with the photographer , and I had a great sense of acheivement and left feeling I had improved on my confidence with her nothing special I know but I have beaten myself so I suppose that is competeing is it ? I think I know what you all mean now and my previous goal was buying ill treated horses and making them well again , i suppose there is an element of progression in this too. and a sense of gain, what a difference all your answers mean to me and have given me a deeper understanding , many thanks its only taken me 30 years ha ha x

kerilli

Visit site
congrats, sounds like a really good day.
having just done my first BE event for about 11 months, and had a really good day (no rosettes, but huge sense of accomplishment and pride in my lovely horse), i wanted to say - I compete because I LOVE it and it is real fun.
hope you get a good pic back from the photographer!