why deceive with adverts?

Aoibhin

www.Emmaevans.barefootbooks.com
so ive been keeping an ear to the ground for something quiet & sane for me to potter about on when health dictates & that the kids (eldest is only 5) can sit up on for a trundle around the school.

looking for & offering a quiet home on small private livery yard for a freind for us & our little sec A, ideally suiting an older semi retired type. must be very sensible as i need to do as much as poss to prevent falls & with being around the kids.

today went to veiw a retired pony as owner cant afford to keep her now she cant jump (too old at 17) she phoned me having heard an ex livery off yard say i was looking for an old plod type. but GEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!! this thing was hyped to the eyeballs & having a hissy fit before i even got out of the car & when it saw my stick promptly pi$$3d off with its owner across the yard, she had it tacked up ready for me to try but i declined as i value my bones too much thank you. she had standing martingale & daisy rein on it which makes me question the "she has never been like this before" line along with the collection of people stood watching the school in anticipation, prob for my unceremonious dismount.

pookie

Visit site
Good grief! Bad enough for people without health problems but what would she have done if you'd actually tried it and been deposited on the ground? :mad:

emma.is

Visit site
keep trying, I'm sure your perfect horse will be worth it in the end!! What about trying a rescue? They might have something :) Good luck!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
she had standing martingale & daisy rein on it which makes me question the "she has never been like this before" line along with the collection of people stood watching the school in anticipation, prob for my unceremonious dismount.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I bet you're right. I imagine (sorry, I'm letting my imagination run away here ;) ) that without the SM and DR that the horse throws it's head up to give you a bloody nose before quickly putting it's head down between it's knees to buck you off! :p

mandwhy

Visit site
Good lord what is wrong with people? I think there are quite a few oldies out there being sacked off because they can't whizz round so much anymore, good luck in your hunt!

Aoibhin

www.Emmaevans.barefootbooks.com
ive calmed down somewhat from last night now thankfully.

ive been there & done the sudden bucking thing thank you & now dont with to repeat it, i do have my tiny toosh covered in case of a fall but that doesnt cover the pain & trouble for me & the kids emotionally.
i shall keep looking, its not like im in a rush just keeping an eye out. sadly there seem to be none in our local rescue centres at present but i am on the list with a couple so fingers crossed.

pip6

Visit site
Have you tried the local riding schools to see if they have something looking for retirement to quieter life?