Why didn't i know this existed until now?! For hacking people

DW Team

Visit site
Thank you for the link. I wish too that I had found it before. My big sadness it shows so clearly that we have next to no bridleways around us and the very very few do not link up in anyway.

dixie

Visit site
I didn't know about it either. It's very interesting to see the bridle ways in that format. Thanks.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
How do you work it? It brings up a location 15 miles away for me and I can't get anything to move!

Scrap that! Got it to move a bit. I wish you could zoom in a bit more, its hard to see where exactly they are and there are a few round here I don't know.

Last edited:

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
The hacking is ok where I am, just too many main roads in-between the bridle ways(Leicestershire/Warwickshire border). Some areas are very spoilt with miles upon miles of linked bridle ways, may have to look at this if I decide to relocate :p

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
How do you work it? It brings up a location 15 miles away for me and I can't get anything to move!

Scrap that! Got it to move a bit. I wish you could zoom in a bit more, its hard to see where exactly they are and there are a few round here I don't know.

I've got google maps open on one tab, and this site on another! so I can have a look where exactly it is

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Amzing yes, but also rather depressing. If I had seen that before we moved to where we are, I may have had second thoughts. We are surrounded by stunning countryside but it is virtually all inaccessible to riders. The very few bridleways we have within 3 or 4 miles all start and end on twisty fast lanes. :(

Shooting Star

Visit site
Lol I'm pleased to see that they've put the only public bridleway close to us on it, it's off of a main road just along from the m25 junction, approx 50m long and ends on a towpath that horses are not allowed on:p

cambrica

Visit site
It is in theory a brilliant idea, but in my area it is very inaccurate. I have miles of greenlanes that are public bridleways and have the horseshoe signs up along route but this bridleway map shows a few short lines and not joining up at all?

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I have a local common and park that are open to horse riders and have bridle "tracks" on, I guess they don't count as bridleways

Last edited:

neddy man

Visit site
Lol I'm pleased to see that they've put the only public bridleway close to us on it, it's off of a main road just along from the m25 junction, approx 50m long and ends on a towpath that horses are not allowed on:p
check with your local council highways dept ,a lot of tow paths allow horses on (they originally pulled the barges ). If they were used by horses over the years you can get them re instated .

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
It is in theory a brilliant idea, but in my area it is very inaccurate. I have miles of greenlanes that are public bridleways and have the horseshoe signs up along route but this bridleway map shows a few short lines and not joining up at all?

Yes its a bit like that for us too. Most of our hacking is off road on tracks and green lanes. This seems to only show bridleways that are on grass.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
How do you get it to move?
Its giving my location as about 10 miles south of where I am...EDIT: found out how!

However, i know we only have 1 bridleway near my yard and 2 others about 3 miles away.....but about 700 acres of off road (dog filled) heathland......

Shooting Star

Visit site
check with your local council highways dept ,a lot of tow paths allow horses on (they originally pulled the barges ). If they were used by horses over the years you can get them re instated .

Sadly this towpath has big signs on it stating no horses, it wouldn't be any good for riding anyway due to its location but it does irritate me seeing the sign and knowing just how pointless it is!

alainax

Visit site
Im guessing it should be either http:// bridlewaymap.com/ENGLAND or the rest of the UK is still a work in progress ;)

I am sure we have more than 3 bridleways in Scotland ;)

However, still nice resource for riders in England.

Maisy

Visit site
It isn't accurate....it is showing a bridleway around the farm where I keep my horses.....which is definitely not a public right of way!

glamourpuss

Visit site
A great idea in principle but very inaccurate. According to that site I have no bridleways within 5 miles of my place. Which just isn't true.
My last yard was on Cannock chase yet it claims it only had 2 bridlways near it!
Bridleways need to be used to be kept so a bit worrying if this resource misses large amounts off!

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
Im guessing it should be either http:// bridlewaymap.com/ENGLAND or the rest of the UK is still a work in progress ;)

I am sure we have more than 3 bridleways in Scotland ;)

However, still nice resource for riders in England.

Rights of way are a bit different in Scotland though, I'm pretty sure there isn't a bridleway through Sheddlocksley Aberdeen either that would be weird can you send them revisions?

myponyvic

Visit site
It's saying there are non around me which is correct..went over to see where my yard is near Cannock Chase and it's showing about three. There are loads of the things around there. Admittedly I hate hacking but am determined to make myself like it.