Why do people want to own cobs?

Fii

Visit site
Mmm i wonder if both cob threads can servive within the same time/space continuum, or wether one or both will implode and take the whole forum with them! :D

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Hmmmm.... My cob is Black, not hairy, no feathers no mane. Used to compete up to pre-novice eventing and 1m05 sj, Regularly won SJ. Went to trailblazers sj finals 5 times and 2 RC finals for xc/eventing and could also keep up with anyone in hunting! Infact an old burghley winner used to hunt my horse! LOL

So I say cobs rule!!

Foxhunter49

Visit site
I own several TBs and also a cob - he is not lazy, hairier than Bigfoot or bad tempered. He moves as straight, is very comfortable at all paces and can out walk most of the TBs. I do admit to him being fatter now that hunting is over.
I would rather ride him across country following hounds than any warmblood which would never be as safe galloping down a hill.

Warmbloods tend to be very low in the braincell department after all, they were originally bred to pull carts.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Is groundcob the equivalent of american ground beef?
Oh and maxicobs are designed to dislocate normal peoples hips! Well sisters new one seems to be......

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Warmbloods tend to be very low in the braincell department after all, they were originally bred to pull carts.

Ridiculous ain't it? I mean, why invent a horse to pull carts when a perfectly good cart-pulling specimen already existed?

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
Ridiculous ain't it? I mean, why invent a horse to pull carts when a perfectly good cart-pulling specimen already existed?

Sorry Tally HO it is true! The KWPNs are descended from Norman Cobs and Hackneys among others. A lot of the continental WBs are descended from CBs. And don't forget the IDs, Fresians and Cleveland Bays, they are all originally draft breeds.

I genuinely believe that people do not realise how many of the different breed are bred from CBs. TBH At one point there were basically draft horses and Arabs. Everything came from them. If you look at Fany's breed(Ardennes) it is one of the oldest breeds, used by Julius Caesar to help with his wars. They bear a striking resemblance to Prezwalski's horses.

FDC

Hebe

Visit site
You are very wicked :D

I love my welsh cobs with all my heart, they are beautiful, big, strong girls, that could turn they're hooves to owt :) so there :p

Tinseltoes

Visit site
I have a gypsy type cob who wasnt cheap when I bought him in 2005,he was unbroken.He has a lovely temperment and like any other horse he can have a off day and throw a wobbly.lol Hes got feather and has big feet.I love hm and wouldnt change him for anything else!!!!

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
Shils shils shils.
Tisk tisk tisk.
I am most disappointed. As HHOs official stirrer I would have thought your evil genius could come up with something better than restarting an old and done to death post.
Maybe we should suggest some other topics for you to cause merry havoc with?

Some to start you off with but i'm sure your fellow HHO-ers will come up with more:

Horse taxidermy - the benefits of?
I want to do parelli with my 18HH insane WB but he's put me in hospital twice - how can I make him want to play with me?
My horse will now play parelli games with me but i have become a social leper?
Why do people not want to ride without tack?
Followed neatly by:
My insurance won't let me ride down the main road in a headcollar - how do i sue them?
Isolation of sick horses - why bother?
Why don't people file their horses feet themselves?
Money saving tips for the incompetant

I'm sure there are many more.........

Huggles
Hovis
(Big Footed Hairy Feathered Beast of unknown breeding)

Dwyran_gold

Visit site
lazy cob ?! We did 15 miles today and was still in a unintended and unstoppable Piaffe type rhythm when we got to the last 2 mile back home ?