Why does it seem so odd to get chiro for dogs?

fankino04

Visit site
Livid doesn't quite cover it Clodagh, typically the last 2 mornings Ash has refused his breakfast but of course today he ate it!

{97702}

Visit site
I genuinely don’t know how you have so much patience with your OH, I’d have ditched him years ago if he treated my dogs like that 😂😂

fankino04

Visit site
Luckily for OH vets said as he was fed so early and only a small feed he can still go in today and will just be put under late. Just left him looking very sad at the vets.

fankino04

Visit site
I genuinely don’t know how you have so much patience with your OH, I’d have ditched him years ago if he treated my dogs like that 😂😂
He's not normally this bad, that said I don't think I've had any need for him to follow instructions in the past, I think he is being an emotionally stunted man who doesn't want to face up to the fact that it might be serious so is burying his head in the sand and ignoring it...

{97702}

Visit site
Have your vets suggested what they think an MRI scan will add to the knowledge you already have? Obviously we only have the limited information you’ve posted on here not the full picture at all, but you’ve described a dog who is in constant pain without medication, is refusing food and is incontinent, with x-rays which don’t show anything conclusive. I’m a bit confused how an MRI scan will add to that? Obviously there may be other things which I’m not aware of, I fully realise that

fankino04

Visit site
His discharge was done by the nurse not the vet, she is going to call later this evening so can discuss what she thinks it may be or at least what the x rays have ruled out. I'm quite confident that his incontenance was not true incontenance but rather him holding it too long to avoid getting up and then being anxious over thinking I was going to make him get up. He is moving so much better after the chiro and getting up much much easier so it's not all as much doom and gloom as I may have posted, he tried jumping out of the car boot yesterday and today on vet visits. In regards to him not eating it is perfectly normal for Ash to leave the odd meal here and there and I guess as he's not doing anything he will be less hungry.

{97702}

Visit site
That does suggest to me that he is in quite considerable pain if he would rather urinate where he lies than make himself get up to go out ☹️ Let’s hope the vet can help

fankino04

Visit site
That does suggest to me that he is in quite considerable pain if he would rather urinate where he lies than make himself get up to go out ☹️ Let’s hope the vet can help
He's definitely better now than he was when he was doing that, now if he hears us move in the other room he is straight up on his feet, can't get him to fully understand the concept of resting now...

{97702}

Visit site
He's definitely better now than he was when he was doing that, now if he hears us move in the other room he is straight up on his feet, can't get him to fully understand the concept of resting now...

Ah right that’s good, it was just you’d mentioned he was doing it as recently as Friday evening on previous posts. Maybe some sedative if he won’t settle 😊 (I always think of ACP for horses but don’t think dogs are the same 😄)

fankino04

Visit site
Ah right that’s good, it was just you’d mentioned he was doing it as recently as Friday evening on previous posts. Maybe some sedative if he won’t settle 😊 (I always think of ACP for horses but don’t think dogs are the same 😄)
He was very sore on Friday night but the chiro was Friday afternoon so soreness was to be expected, I can never remember if it's cats or dogs that can't metabolise acp, I think it's cats. I think the pain is being managed now so he's just bored of being shut in a small space so very eager to get up and involved in whatever we are doing which is good but I think more rest is still needed, it's like a horse on box rest in their final week lol