why is event dressage not on red button as scheduled????

jojo5

Visit site
Hi all - just to say - the dressage is on th red button and on sky channel 455 (which confusingly is a bbc olympic channel!!!) which you can prob also get on Freeview. Cos its on 455 this does mean you can also record it. Just played about with all the channels in the gap before Nicola Wilson!!!

Cedars

Visit site
No, for a lot of us the dressage isn't on the red button!!!

But I also can't seem to watch any other sports either-gymnastics has started but it just says 'coming soon', and if you click on handball it just goes back to the featured screen.

Hmph said pooh :(

Lizzie66

Visit site
i have it on the red button.

push red button
select olympics
scroll across to "events showing live" > select
scroll to e-h and scroll down to equestrianism > select

and watch nicola and buzz - now !

thought the score would have been better, he went beautifully 51.7 !

Last edited:

lilyoftheincas

Visit site
So basically, if you don't have Sky or a freesat box, you can't watch it? I just have Freeview and can't find anything :(:( Trying to watch it on the internet but it keeps stopping and the quality is rubbish :(

Gorgeous George

Visit site
You can only get the extra 24 BBC olympic channels if you have freesat, sky or virgin. If you have freeview the only option is to watch it online via the BBC website. Some of the equestrian is being shown on BBC1 and BBC3 but not today - I got a copy of the radio times and it came with a really helpful complete guide of what is on and when.

Unfortunately I am at work today, and whilst they've said we can watch some if we want our flash players aren't up to date so we can't :( ho hum!

nicola_g

Visit site
For those of you with a Freesat box and no sky here is what to do......

Manually tune in Olympic 6 on the box i.e., Add it as a Free to Air Channel, frequencies etc for all Olympic Channels can be found here
http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/2012_london_olympics_uk_tv_bbc_frequencies.php

Once you have added this when you press 'Guide' on your box remote 'BBC Olympics' will appear, in here you will find a whole list of Olympic Channels including Olympic 6 where you will see equestrian.

Takes a bit of pissing about but it's possible ;-)

HowenEdward

Visit site
I havent read all the comments so apologies if this has been said but I have BT and on the red button, after some searching, it says that the Eventing Dressage is tomorrow at 10.30-16.00 on BBC 3. Not sure if this helps some people?? I have already watched Opposition Buzz live but it keeps flicking between various sports so tomorrow might be better to watch it all?? xx

muff747

Visit site
"the Eventing Dressage is tomorrow at 10.30-16.00 on BBC 3."

So I have got BBC3 info on my screen now with todays schedule but it doesn't mention equestrian anywhere?? Where am I going wrong?
I've set up the recorder for tomorrow and Tuesday.

Freddie19

Visit site
"the Eventing Dressage is tomorrow at 10.30-16.00 on BBC 3."

So I have got BBC3 info on my screen now with todays schedule but it doesn't mention equestrian anywhere?? Where am I going wrong?
I've set up the recorder for tomorrow and Tuesday.
BBC3 press red button, press again when sign comes up. press select for olympics....look at screen, just below top, it given alpahabetical list, go to I think E to something, go along, press select on bit with E in it. Look at list given below, it say equestrian, select that and hopefully, Bobs your uncle, Sally is your aunt. But you cannot record on this. B****r!

ecb89

Visit site
4x4 you can't watch the dressage if you only have freeview. You can only watch it via the red button if you have sky, virgin etc. I don't have freeview and I have quite easily watched it on the bbc sport website

muff747

Visit site
BBC3 press red button, press again when sign comes up. press select for olympics....look at screen, just below top, it given alpahabetical list, go to I think E to something, go along, press select on bit with E in it. Look at list given below, it say equestrian, select that and hopefully, Bobs your uncle, Sally is your aunt. But you cannot record on this. B****r!

Grrr I followed yr instructions up to finding the alphabetical list-it's not there arghh. I think I've missed it today, it's gymnastics on now :mad:
Thanks anyway, I'll try later:eek:

Alec Swan

Visit site
BBC3 press red button, done thatpress again when sign comes up. Done that too.press select for olympics....look at screen, Done thatjust below top, it given alpahabetical list, Oh no it aint.go to I think E to something, go along, press select on bit with E in it. Look at list given below, No listit say equestrian, It don't say nuffink select that and hopefully, Bobs your uncle, Sally is your aunt. I have no living relatives, and only a load of old squit about diving. My OH is doing my head in, I'm at the stage where I couldn't give a stuff about the bloody Olympics, But you cannot record on this No ***t we can't even watch it..B****r!

When I was a small boy, then tellys took a few minutes to warm up. Then we got transistorised (or something) and they were virtually instant when you turned them on. Now we've progressed even further :)rolleyes:) and reverted back to steam driven speed. Don't bother explaining it all to me, as I'm not actually that bothered, what's p***ing me off, is the techno wizard in the house, 'er, is going ape at the screen, and demanding that I seek help.

SHAN'T!!

Alec.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
4x4 you can't watch the dressage if you only have freeview. You can only watch it via the red button if you have sky, virgin etc. I don't have freeview and I have quite easily watched it on the bbc sport website

We only have a Sky box and don't subscribe to it so we do only have Freeview and can get all the BBC Olympic channels; they go from channel 450 to 473.
XC tomorrow should be on at 12.25 on BBC Olympic 1. It's also on mainstream BBC 1.

zefragile

Visit site
We only have a Sky box and don't subscribe to it so we do only have Freeview and can get all the BBC Olympic channels; they go from channel 450 to 473.
XC tomorrow should be on at 12.25 on BBC Olympic 1. It's also on mainstream BBC 1.
What you get through your Sky box is freesat, not freeview. You can get all the Olympic channels on freesat but they're not available on freeview.
On freeview yesterday on the blue button menu it did say "equestrian" for a while but it was showing swimming.