Why is it that imported horses always look 'wierd'?

Would you buy the sandwich?

• Total voters

vivhewe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I think the point is probably that a rubbish horse is still rubbish wherever it comes from. Whatever your moral position on it, horses are sent for meat because they are not suitable for anything else.

It is terrible that many of these horses now face an uncertain future that may well be in home where they will be expected to work beyond their capability. The hard fact remains that cheap horses are at far greater risk of ending up in bad homes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is EXACTLY what I was trying to say before
grin.gif

Boodle

Visit site
Yes I agree.

But I believe that it's not their fault they were bred and we have an obligation to look after them even if they're not perfect.

But yes I can see where you're coming from.

But if there are people, as above, that are willing to look after these horses then not all should be "strung up".

Emily99

Visit site
The countries we import horses form are gonna keep the best ones themselves. On the continent horses are cared for and trained in different ways to over here so may look different than they would have they been born over here.

Grey_Arab

Visit site
I'm not sure whether this counts as cheap or not, but we bought him for just under £2000 with all his tack and rugs as a 12 year old, he had just been dumped in a feild before that for a year as the old owner couldn't bear to part with him!!!!

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
[ QUOTE ]
Hope I'm not going to offend any of the Irish people on here, but when someone says 'important' I don't think Irish, I always think continental Europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

*checks blood pressure*

No, you're grand ...

laugh.gif