Why is it the good one's?

rachk89

Visit site
Excellent news hope she keeps recovering. :) You should get your dad to make more of those boots and sell them they may help other horses.

Maclinda

Visit site
Have not read all the comments/posts but just wanted to let you know my story. Exactly a year ago after having X-Ray's and MRI scans, my mare was diagnosed with various holes in her DDFT as well as degeneration within the navicular bone. I was told then that it was highly unlikely that I would ever be able to ride her again and she would basically retire into a field. I was told to give her three months complete box rest and my farrier put her on elevated heart bars in front to relieve the pain and try to allow the tears to heal. That was October last year. After three month my vet felt it was time to gently bring her back into work. She was at this point probably 2/10ths lame and so she had a steroid injection and from that point (beginning of February) till now she has been completely sound.

She's still on heartbars and my vet says if she begins to feel lame again then she may need another injection (this is for the navicular not the DDFT) but we are now on month 10 and she is back in full work, competing in dressage and show jumping and I've even taken her over a few cross country fences.

Last year I thought it was the end and I was as devastated as I am sure you are but don't give up hope. Hopefully this time next year you will be telling someone else about the success you've had.

Good luck x

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Another update :)
So Loll was scanned yesterday morning and the news is... there is no longer ANY sign of a hole, so cue much tentative bouncing up and down (on my part) :D:D:D:D she's been looking very sound in the field and protesting everytime the lorry goes out so she WANTS to be back in work and now she quietly can be.
She's been going on the walker and out in the field for the last couple of months so we can now slowly start riding her, I don't know or want to predict what her future holds, I'm certainly not expecting her to come back to SJ and eventing which had been our plan before her injury but if she can hack out and do some dressage that's got to be a massive improvement on her original prognosis where the vet offered to PTS on the spot!!
Slowly slowly catchee monkey with the bringing back and we shall see where we end up.

applecart14

Visit site
Wonderful news! Sometimes they can surprise you. My horse has surprised both me and my vet on more than one occasion with exception recovery time and healing. There is a lot to be said for taking it slowly. I hope you continue to update us on her progress.