Why Is There A World Shortage Of...

Has anyone ever cheated on you?

• Total voters

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Brown saddles...?! Not even funny any more!
mad.gif
I would of been tempted with black if it wasn't for my brown bridle which i will do dressage in and stubbon-ness.

samsaccount

Visit site
My tack is black, I didn't answer the second one as I like them both it just depends what the horse is like as to whether I would prefer black or brown tack.

nomini

Visit site
I have a brown bridle and brown dressage saddle for Alisha. Unfortunately, her jump saddle (brown) didn't fit her so was a bit desperate, best the saddler could do was Black! So she now goes out jumping with a brown bridle, brown stirrup leathers, brown breastplate, brown girth and a black saddle lol!
Jigsaw has all black tack, but as he is dark skewbald, almost piebald he would look silly in brown tack!

KatB

Visit site
My boys is all brown, cos he is skewbald! My cobby wore black cos he was piebald, but I think I would have liked chocolatey brown on him too.

Irishcobs

Visit site
Can't vote as my piebald is in black tack and my blue roan and white is in brown. I don't prefer either, certain colour tack suits certain horse colours.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Take it back just found a brown saddle in the make I was looking for. I do agree different colour of colours horses but I'm just not a fan of black find it doesnt look so really
crazy.gif
confused.gif
smile.gif

Bri

Visit site
Have always preferred brown - but new xmas present bridle is black so looks like I'll be getting a black saddle at some point in the future too. At the moment she's just very mismatched!

kateknights

Visit site
I think the colour you use depends on the colour of your horse, I have a bay horse and am on the hunt for a good quality second hand BROWN saddle and am having the same trouble as you forget me not.
Isn't it just sooo frustrating...
Kate x

Theresa_F

Visit site
I have both but will be having brown tack for Chancer as I intend to show him later and this is correct. If I was not showing, I would probably still get brown for him as he is a skewbald.

Cairo looks great in either colour, but has black as this is what I could find in his size and fairly cheap at the time.

Clodagh

Visit site
I've got black for my grey mare. Mainly cos was given a saddle for her which was black. Got bridle to match and then bought a new saddle, so also got a black one!!
Pone has got brown, hes liver chestnut.
smile.gif

CastleMouse

Visit site
Well Castle is grey, so brown and black suit him!
grin.gif
My dressage saddle is black (with matching black bridle), and my two GP saddles and my jumping saddle are brown too
smile.gif
And I have a lot of brown bridles
smile.gif
I prefer brown tack when hunting, but for dressage I prefer black tack!
grin.gif

jayvee

Visit site
I just love Brown tack! black to me is tacky. Brown has character, black doesnt. brown fan me (if you didn't realise lol). havana defo, edging on tan, black no no.

Vicki1986

Visit site
brown all the way, although dont like it on all horses (black horses for example)

also silly as it sounds there are so many differnet "shades" of brown, i find it hard to get stuff to all match up sometimes. atleast with black its black and thats that!

i havent noticed a particular shortage in brown stuff, i notice a shortage of pony tack in general and im normally so annoyed by that i dont notice any colour prejudice
smile.gif

Patches

Visit site
I didn't answer the poll as I have both coloured tack and I don't think one is better than the other.

My daughter show's Tweenie so we went with dark Havana tack for that reason. However, brown tack just doesn't suit a blue and white horse the way that Black does.

So for me, it does depend on the horse's colouring mostly.

the watcher

Visit site
I couldn't do the first poll as I have 3 and they are all in different things, IDX has a lovely London tan bridle (cos he is a chestnut and it looks lush) but at the moment in a black saddle as that is the only thing around that fits him, Dalesx is in Brown WH bridle and Brown WH saddle, Highland is in black saddle and bridle (but she is dun, so that works on her)- but her tack doesn't matter so much as she is shown in hand and she has a brown in hand bridle.

I much prefer brown, but have developed a weakness for tan as far as my ginger boy goes