Why oh why is there always one?...

blackandwhite

Visit site
...clueless parent of a spoilt brat who thinks that being a "full livery" makes you somewhat akin to Jesus? They do my head in. On Monday night I was humiliated, insulted and sworn at (infront of my children) by said deluded mother. Why do people have to be so horrible? I'm ashamed to say that's the first time I've ever disolved into tears on a yard. Pointless thread really, just feeling very deflated just now and the shine has totally gone off the start of the season.

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Maybe have a word with the YO?
I imagine most yard owners like to keep the peace on their yards and wouldn't want anyone there ruining the atmosphere - much less making other clients cry!

mandwhy

Visit site
Oh bless you! The Jesus comment did make me chuckle though. I assume everyone else thinks this person is a ninconpoop after such a display, stage a revolt!!

nostromo70

Visit site
Some people just think they they're above everyone else.
I'd say ignore them, but i know that's not easy to do sometimes.

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
Wow, I'm so sorry. People are so mean these days. What a wonderful example she sets for her daughter. No wonder the daughter is the way she is.

Just be glad you are not like that even though I know upsetting.

Terri

honetpot

Visit site
My best tip for coping with something like this is to say, 'this is not an appropiate place to discuss this' and turn and walk away.
If someone even if they employ you have a valid grievence you still have every right not to be sworn at or shouted at espiecally in public, they are in the wrong. So take the steam out of them and put them in the wrong. I once had someone very senior to me brake down in tears as I took her aside and quitely pulled all her arguements to bits, she had started out bawling me out in public.

Littlelegs

Visit site
My current fave is 'take your face for a ****' (with the stars representing a word meaning poo that sounds like ship & ends in t)

fatpiggy

Visit site
Tell her if she had some knowledge she wouldn't have to pay someone? (no offence to other fulls) Alternatively, ask if her husband has to pay for "services" as well. :)