Why? Trailers and leaving the front door open?

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I had a pony jump right over the breast bar and bottom door once, thankfully we were stopped. The pony ended up hanging off his lead rope.

I taught a lesson recently and afterwards one trailer was driving off the field with the top door open. When I pointed it out they said the horse liked it open. I told them about my horse jumping over and about someone else's horse that injured it's eye, but they weren't bothered and carried on. And yet they'll pay for lessons from me and take advice on their riding!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I didn't think people actually did this TBH, madness! I remember in Pony Club (many years ago!) there was a fad in my area of leaving the top door open just to drive through the field on the way out of an event but they'd close it before hitting the road (no idea why they did it).

I had a horse who jumped the breast bar on a few occasions, had the top door been open I honestly think he would have jumped out he was that stupid. Stones flick up all the time and well just why would you do it?! If a horse has got a haynet, he's amused enough IMO.