WHY WHY WHY

figgy

Visit site
Hi all bit of a ponitless post , I lost my lovely boy last may he was only 7years old and had some much wrong with him it was sad, well I got another lovely boy from Ireland last August a 3year old, first of all something was going on with his teeth and he was really havin trouble eating this was in the winter < we was back and from the vets < now had vet out last week he has a pink 3rd eyelid and I notices a tiny little lump on it ( when he was vetted vet sais keep eye on it ) but didnt really think anything of it as my other horse had two and was fine. But in a week its got thicker so called the vet again this morning and he want to come down to do a swab as he thinks its the start of squamous cell carcinoma (a tumour ) i feel really sad and just wanted a horse where nothing major wrong was going to happen, but i know horses never going to happen . then you start to think why me !XXX

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Hugs hunny. It's easy to think "It's me! What the he!! am I doing wrong?!", but that's just the way of life with horses.

Everything crossed that this can be sorted out quickly and well.

horseriderdeb

Visit site
Its not pointless and I know how you feel. Not long after having my old boy I noticed something wrong with his eye and it turned out it was a squamus cell carcenoma. He went of upto liverpool and derek knottenbelt operated and all is well. That was 13 years ago.

Pebbles

Visit site
Hugs hunny. It's easy to think "It's me! What the he!! am I doing wrong?!", but that's just the way of life with horses.

Everything crossed that this can be sorted out quickly and well.

Well put Mrs M, I have been thinking 'why me' following the various falls and big probs with horses over last 18 months so can empathise hugely with OPs feelings but we have to remain philosophical about these things and not give up or feel jinxed :-(

OP hugs and fingers crossed that prognosis hopeful x

figgy

Visit site
Thanks everyone for your support, I know that these things happen and we do always think we are the only ones going though it, i have the vet Monday morning so hopefully get results asap, its so hard to think positive , but im going to !!!

debbielinder

Visit site
My aunties horse had the exact same problem with a tumour on his 3rd eyelid hes been into leahurst and is now home and coming back into work i hope ur horse is treated as quickly ours was it will all be sorted quickly

figgy

Visit site
My aunties horse had the exact same problem with a tumour on his 3rd eyelid hes been into leahurst and is now home and coming back into work i hope ur horse is treated as quickly ours was it will all be sorted quickly

Thats great news :) , yeah i hope aswell. thanks x x