Why would you lie about your child's health?!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Was meant to have someone come and see Aoife yesterday, but I got an email saying the daughter had a sore throat so could we rearrange for today- fine, not that bothered.
Got another email this morning saying daughters been sick, has tonsillitis, can they arrange to come in the week sometime. A bit annoying, but fair enough- you can't help your child being poorly!
My stalker instincts came in though, as im not very trustworthy and thought it sounded a little suspect. A quick google of the name and up pops the mums (public) Facebook profile, with photos added yesterday of the daughter on her new pony!
Totally bizarre- i really don't understand why people can't just say, "sorry we've found something else better/cheaper/closer" rather than keep rearranging to come when they have no intention of coming!
Im glad i found that anyway, it may be slightly stalkerish but it means i won't be spending all week waiting for them to come!
There's nout stranger than folk...

Boxers

Visit site
You're right, that is weird. No-one would mind if they rang and said they'd found another pony, and wanted to cancel the viewing. Why are people so scared to tell the truth?

EmmasMummy

Visit site
how bizarre..I admit I am a scaredy about letting folk down, but why lie about something like that, when clearly they were never going to come and see the pony??

Kelly1982

Visit site
How weird!! Wonder if the pony is on trail so are putting the viewing off incase the trail doesn't go well rather than cancelling

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
It's the same daughter as she referred to her by name on the email and the photos caption was "x's new pony"!
I haven't told her because its a bit weird that I facebooked her lol! Im not that bothered (let's just say the daughter didnt seem to be giving the new pony the..ahem..easiest ride..!), just find the whole thing totally odd..?!
My theory is, they saw the pony advertised on Saturday before they were due to see mine, and it was closer/cheaper/nicer than Aoife so they decided to see that instead, but didnt want to put me off totally just incase it wasn't suitable..and then they got stuck in their lie!

navaho

Visit site
It's the same daughter as she referred to her by name on the email and the photos caption was "x's new pony"!
I haven't told her because its a bit weird that I facebooked her lol! Im not that bothered (let's just say the daughter didnt seem to be giving the new pony the..ahem..easiest ride..!), just find the whole thing totally odd..?!
My theory is, they saw the pony advertised on Saturday before they were due to see mine, and it was closer/cheaper/nicer than Aoife so they decided to see that instead, but didnt want to put me off totally just incase it wasn't suitable..and then they got stuck in their lie!

I dont think its weird tbh, if ive anyone interested in any of mine i always Google phone numbers, names, email addresses, i like to know who im selling to :)

Shadow the Reindeer

Visit site
Tbh, the sore throat could have been the start of tonsillitis, so can understand why they put the viewing off... it's not something to take lightly, knowing someone who was hospitalized by a complication caused by it.

indie999

Visit site
Perhaps they have the other pony on a trial? I would be inclined to see if they ring you or not sell them the pony if they have lied so badly. I find the lies that folk make up are quite outrageous. Using a kid saying its ill well thats just quite sad.

May be your pony is better off away from folk like that. You had a lucky escape. Let us know if they come back. So NO i wouldnt lie my kid was sick!.

(I did lie though to get a BCG vaccination, only cos Human TB does exist in UK) We were travelling to a high risk country and my son was the first year at secondary school where BCG was stopped. You now only get it if you are high risk. So I came up with cock and ball story that we were staying with relatives in high risk country to get the jab. It was done via travel clinic. Now am reading about domestic cats getting infected with the Badger/Bovine TB..no doubt humans may get their vaccination back again). But I think my lie was justified.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Definitely not on a trial as she commented on the photo how poor since buying it!
Not that bothered by them not wanting her as my other horse is on box rest :( so she's all I've got to ride at the moment! Just the lieing that annoyed me, would so rather just be told the truth!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Shadeyoak- I know tonsillitis is horrible, I've had it myself several times along with 6 months of glandular fever where I lost 2.5 stone- however, she didn't look too poorly in the riding photos- I know when I had tonsillitis I couldn't get out of bed let alone ride!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I don't think the op is disagreeing tonsillitis is horrible, just commenting how downright weird the situation is. Presumably if the child was ill she wouldn't be having photos taken on new pony for starters.
I agree op, odd people but I guess as someone else said sometimes its hard to back out of things (I've bought a saddle I don't actually want! Too dumb to say I changed my mind) ;)

swilliam

Visit site
People lie about all sorts of things. I put a pony on loan straight from another loan. The girl and grandpa were much more novice than they said at first, and also said they were putting pony on full livery. I saw the girl ride and checked the yard. Seemed OK, though with slight reservations, and was careful to keep in touch.They had a month's trial and signed a loan agreement. Then all sorts of problems - the pony is tripping, she's not safe to ride - from the instructor on the yard. They were struggling to manage her - on DIY. I offered to take her back for a month and get her fit - girl could come and ride and then they could decide what to do. I didn't want any money for keeping her, but would they keep the insurance going - yes they would. I gave them keys to my yard. Didn't see them, then pictures on Facebook of new pony. I phoned grandpa - he was very sorry, hadn't had the courage to phone me. Whoops, he had cancelled my pony's insurance five days ago but thought it wouldn't matter! New pony is through the instructor who thought my pony was too dangerous to ride because she was tripping so badly. Not tripped since she came home, hacking out and schooling with my daughter and an eleven year old, ambling around like the donkey she is. Why not just say they didn't want her after all?

WelshD

Visit site
How strange. I think I would be inclined to give then a way out and message saying 'if you have changed your mind about viewing or have found another pony it's ok'