Wierd Foot / Leg

PuddingandElla

Visit site
Now this might sound strange...

I noticed last night that my horses left hind leg just didn't look quiet right... He foot is kind of pointing outwards slightly. I looked at her hoof and her shoe doesn't look like it has twisted but one side looks wider than the other - if you know what i mean.
She is perfectly sound.
It's just very strange - i was thinking about it last night and she has been dis-uniting in canter lately.
Do you think it could be the way she has been shod - i have never had a problem with the farrier before and he has been shoeing her for over a year now. She is due to be shod on Friday but i have bought it forward to tomorrow so he can have a look at her.
Or do you think it could be further up?

rubyred

Visit site
sounds like it could have been building up over time. The foot may have gradually become unbalanced and/or a problem resulting in the hindleg being used incorrectly. A thorough gait analysis using the vet, physio and farrier together is most likely to find the answer. Good luck.

jojoebony

Visit site
Just had my horses back checked as he was moving strange behind and slightly pointing his back leg outward (also high stepping every do slightly), wasn't lame but not quite right.
He had a rotated veterbra behind his wither, I thought he'd be out further back with it affecting his hind leg but it wasn't.
Might be worth looking in to?

jo