wiggly horse

ldlp111

Visit site
ok so hard to explain but will try. anyway went to dressage comp other day and she was doing well in warm up. then went into the test and she turned into a wiggly monster i could bum was drifting left and she was very awkward to keep her from falling in. when we went up centre line back legs were on diff track to front if that makes sense??
confused.gif

any ideas on why am i tensing ?? and how i can stop it from happening?? judge said she is falling out through left shoulder??
confused.gif

altho apart from that it was one of her better tests. head wasnt like a giraffe and was almost in an outline.
grin.gif

Foxyeventing

Visit site
I would reccommend a good trainer you trust and see her regularly, and take calms on the day of your comp... It helped me out the first few years!!

j1ffy

Visit site
I did a useful exercise in a lesson the other day that really helped straighten the horses (riding school horses so they're not very straight and do anything they can to avoid going properly!). On each corner of the track, ask the horse to go either quarters slightly in or shoulders slightly out though always bent the right way. The effect is the same but the aids are different each time. Then on the straight sections, focus on pushing the horse forwards and straight. It made a huge difference to the very wiggly cob I was on. Maybe it would be a useful exercise in your warm up?