Will Connell's daily report

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Well to me he talks sense and I agree that if the horse was not right you don't stick a saddle on then canter in the ring even if to eliminate yourself! Have thought of a better way of doing it though.

Saddle on just before go in, go in (at walk) then accidentally 'fall off' instant elimation and the horse has done about 15 strides under saddle, never mind the most ridiculous bit of televised showjumping you have ever seen!
tongue.gif
smirk.gif

As for the dressage very intriguing indeed........

haybales

Visit site
"there was an objection from seven of the nine nations involved – apparently on the basis that it was an unfair advantage as the horse would have been fresh having not jumped. Well, if I’d have done what was suggested, he wouldn’t have jumped a fence anyway (the farce continues). "

such a good point!

Ezme

Visit site
I don't think i've ever seen JW fall off..... It's definatly thrown up some holes in teh FEI rules these games. There still seems to be no real news about phillip duttons disqualification after the SJ of the eventing either

lucretia

Visit site
i so think we are being fibbed too. as i said on the othe thread what sort of muppet thinks you can choose to not to jump in a round in which everyone else including the individuals has jumped and then rejoin the contest when you feel more up to it. someone is having a laugh arent they? no wonder the other nations objected.

Ezme

Visit site
Whats not on is saying he can ride and then changing the ruling. IMHO if you don't turn up for one round then you should be out but they shouldn't mess you about. And that bussiness of getting yourself eliminated on purpose!? Surely that comes under race fixing!

lucretia

Visit site
persnally i can believe the ground jury were that stupid either but anyone with half a brain on the GB side could have worked out either or those suggestions was outside the rules and the other teams would object. i am not sure who was the most dumb, the ground jury or team gb's management. its too close for me to call....and i am sure we are not hearing the whole story anyway.

Gonetofrance

Visit site
Ignoring the politics, if it is not sound enough to ride one day, how can it ever be sound enough to jump an Olympic track in the next 24hours?

TarrSteps

Visit site
I really can't believe everyone thought there wouldn't be an objection. It's not just getting the horse around the course, it's the whole preparation and warm up etc. - not fair to just be able to opt out and then opt back in at some later date.

Interesting intimation about the dressage. I don't think that's the classiest comment as now people will be convinced there's some great drama but if it all gets settled and nothing comes of it then it will look like a cover up. Look at the fuss over the Women's 100m - by the time everyone knew there was a problem it was dealt with and explained. This way we will know there was a problem, not because it's officially a problem, just because someone, somewhere is making a fuss and someone who is not in an official capacity to announce such things chose to report what is as of yet a private conversation.

Re: Philip's boots - it doesn't affect placings so I can't see what more there is to say right now. I doubt there will be an official enquiry because Philip and the US have accepted the situation and apologised. In order for it to go further they would have to object, which doesn't seem to be happening.