Will she change?

lennysmith

Visit site
This may sound like a pretty stupid 'Lenny question' again. but to all you breedy people... will Josie's personality change, now she is no longer preggy/feeding??

I realised yesterday, I've never known just normal Josie. She always been either in foal or feeding baby D. Do mares normally change after the babies are all weaned and done, and they're back to being normal horses? Do you think I have an awful surprise coming?

Ta much xxx

tarzipan06

Visit site
My little mare changed completely - whilst in foal and with foal she was ratty and bad tempered, however now she is really relaxed - when we weaned the foal you could almost see her sigh of relief
shocked.gif
She was preggers when we bought her but previous to that she had already had a foal, so been pregs and with foal for a while -so by the end she was fed up and couldn't wait to be free.

However this is only my opinion and how my little mare was yours may stay the same.

lennysmith

Visit site
Well at least thats a good change! I got Josie as a confidence giver, my first young horse though. She was nervous when she came to me but she has never bucked, reared, boted etc. She's my angel. Was just worrying she may change now D is weaned.

lennysmith

Visit site
I do hope so Weezy. I'm such a bloomin whimp! I HATE it! But I've never worried about anything on Josie. SJ XC we've had a bash at it all (while she was preggy, oops sorry Josie) it really scares me to think she'll change into a monster!!!!

tarzipan06

Visit site
I would imagine it would be the other way around - although she may be hormonal when in season. But with my pony she was a dragon with foal, possessive and really didn't want to be bothered with being ridden, your horse sounds lovely so I wouldn't worry.

AliJo

Visit site
I bought a horse who was in foal and she was completely bombproof and very loving but when the foal went to its new home she was very stroppy for a few weeks and not so bombproof but still quite safe. A few months down the line now and shes a lot happier but not quite so bombproof as she was when she had the foal.