Willow Sport Horses

eezeerider

Visit site
Has anyone out there purchased a horse from Willow Sport Horses near Tonbridge, Kent? I've no experience of them and am wondering if they're one to trust or not. Anyone with direct experience, good or bad?

Courts

Visit site
There are a few posts regarding them on the forum and most replies are on the negative side. A very good friend of mine purchased what was going to be her first horse from them. Though he had a lovely nature and was the confidence giver type as promised, her local vet found a number of health issues that were not found in the pre purchase exam within the first week of ownership. Apparently the health issues were serious and would have been apparent before the sale and so her vet believes they sold him knowing he had the problems. Luckily, they took him back and gave her a refund.

eezeerider

Visit site
Hhhmm, ok thanks. I did type Willow Sport Horses into the search bar for info, but nothing came up. Any really sound reliable places to go to look at horses for sale?

s4sugar

Visit site
Threads that criticize dealers get pulled which can make searching difficult.

It is worth putting the dealers name into facebook & seeing what other names get used and then googling them.

Also worth asking yourself why a business would change it's name.

bluedanube

Visit site
I know someone who bought from them and had problems with the horse however in the end it worked out OK. Personally I wouldn't use them because of this, however, if the horse is at the right price and you have a full 5 stage vetting with x rays if needed and buy subject to the result of a blood test then I guess it might be OK.