Willowbrook Stables near Chichester.

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
Has anyone bought from Willowbrook stables near Chichester?

They seem to sell off horses and ponies used in their riding school from time to time, just wondering if they are worth a look.
smile.gif

rolls1392

Visit site
Wow. Didn't know that place was still going. Had riding lessons there about 10yrs ago. Some of the horses were ok, but others were donkeys!!
People in charge seemed genuine, so probably rates a " worth a look".
Hope this helps.

golddustsara

Visit site
My friend brought of them at Xmas 2007. Horse was younger than stated but seemed a genuine type but very green. Its now off work with sidebone but did pass 5 stage vetting at the time so not Willowbrook's fault. Horses are overpriced and not great confo wise in my opinion as they are all brought from Irish horse sales and shipped over with no background etc. Most of the ones for sale aren't really used in the riding school, just brought over here to be sold.

As with every dealer - just go there with your eyes wide open and get a vetting.

teapot

Visit site
Just keep your eyes open - I wouldn't personally touch Willowbrook but that's because know the horsey world in that area very well.

The are better places to buy from in Sussex would be a sensible answer IMHO.

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
Thanks for your replies - I had a feeling they might not come highly recommended!!!!

I would much prefer to find something through word of mouth, but having been looking since last year, still nothing has turned up locally - I am trying so hard to be patient, but on a lovely sunny day with everyone else out riding, its torture!
tongue.gif

golddustsara

Visit site
Try looking at Prestwood Farm (_Gina_ got her connie from there) or Clip Clop traders if you want to go with a dealer with a repuatable opinion.