#WillYouSlowDownForMeNow

Clare85

Visit site
I think it's brilliant and hilarious! Love seeing all the pics. Genuine question though, is it getting any publicity outside of the horsey community?

I would think about doing a pic if so (might need a few more weeks of slimming world though!) :D

Feival

Visit site
Horse and country TV have picked it up, hopefully as its on twitter to, somewhere else will I'm doing my pics this eve.

RunToEarth

Visit site
No.

I think it is very crass and degrading to the sport. I fail to see how getting your tits out on the internet is going to generate any respect for us as a group or a road user.

monte1

Visit site
I think if it raises awareness of horses on the road it can't be a bad thing and a bit of fun as well ;-)

perhaps someone will decide to launch a calendar and give the proceeds to horse charities ?

BraidedTail

Visit site
No.

I think it is very crass and degrading to the sport. I fail to see how getting your tits out on the internet is going to generate any respect for us as a group or a road user.
I agree with this statement - I would add more but can't seem to be able put it politely.

RunToEarth

Visit site
You have the wrong idea. No body can see anything. It's already proving useful.

Ok. So what message is being sent out having mostly teenage girls stood next to a horse in their pants with a hand over their boobs?

I am the least prudish person you will ever meet but absolutely not a campaign for us to be taken seriously.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
It insinuates that all dangerous road users are hetero young men, whereas we've met many instances of extremely courteous 'boy racers' in VW's who are more than happy to sidle past in the opposite hedge bottom to avoid us.

What's needed is short, hard-hitting, graphic, prime time TV adverts and an in-depth section on passing horses lawfully incorporated into the driving instruction and test.

WelshD

Visit site
You have the wrong idea. No body can see anything. It's already proving useful.

Apart from bitchy girls on the internet taking the mick about other girl's cellulite I haven't seen anything come of it, let alone anything useful

SpringArising

Visit site
Surely it's no different/worse than those calendars with a bunch of naked 'horsey' men on them posing with bales of straw to raise money for horse charities?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
It can't be proving that useful, this is the first I've heard of it!

Our RC had a charity bra-ride a few years ago for Breast Cancer charities, we all wore bras over our normal riding clothes. One member almost caused an accident with her beige bra with rolling eyes! An elderly driver coming down the narrow road towards us stalled his car! We were quite concerned for his health and as the member concerned was the only medical professional in our group, it was a good job he didn't actually need 1st aid. I think her ministrations could only have made the matter worse.

stimpy

Visit site
Our RC had a charity bra-ride a few years ago for Breast Cancer charities, we all wore bras over our normal riding clothes. One member almost caused an accident with her beige bra with rolling eyes! An elderly driver coming down the narrow road towards us stalled his car! We were quite concerned for his health and as the member concerned was the only medical professional in our group, it was a good job he didn't actually need 1st aid. I think her ministrations could only have made the matter worse.

It's a long time since this forum made me howl with laughter; thank you! :D :D :D

RunToEarth

Visit site
Surely it's no different/worse than those calendars with a bunch of naked 'horsey' men on them posing with bales of straw to raise money for horse charities?

That's raising money for charity, likely to be bought by horsey people really.

I still fail to see the relevance of getting partially naked in a bid to slow other road users down?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
That's raising money for charity, likely to be bought by horsey people really.

I still fail to see the relevance of getting partially naked in a bid to slow other road users down?

We have found that riding in fancy dress tends to cause the traffic to slow down. As we usually hold our fd rides near Christmas, we have MORE clothes on than normal in an attempt to keep warm.

IME other than fd, the best way of slowing the traffic is to wear plenty of hi-viz.

Clare85

Visit site

Lol!

RunToEarth

Visit site
We have found that riding in fancy dress tends to cause the traffic to slow down. As we usually hold our fd rides near Christmas, we have MORE clothes on than normal in an attempt to keep warm.

IME other than fd, the best way of slowing the traffic is to wear plenty of hi-viz.

I agree people slow down more if you're dressed up (especially as Santa!) and lots of drivers with little people in their car will slow down so they can have a look at horsey and the tinsel clad birds on top.

But what is the rationale behind people taking their clothes off and standing next to a horse to post around the internet? What awareness is it raising? What message is it sending?

As per brighteyes - a graphic clip or image will do far more in terms of educating people on the need to slow down on roads than a photo of Suzie with her knockers out stood next to a horse is a field..

monte1

Visit site
me to- brilliant!

nearly spat my coffee all over the PC at work !!!

It's a long time since this forum made me howl with laughter; thank you! :D :D :D

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Is this a Thing now? First I've heard of it and seems utterly pointless (unless you particularly want to show off your pants to a bunch of strangers).

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think it's ridiculous, and rather trivialising an important issue whilst making huge assumptions about the car drivers. And frankly it's dangerous to ride without a sports bra on anyway :p.

Equi

Visit site
I think it's a bit of fun and fair play to anyone with the guts. Let them have it.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable so I won't be doing it

As for TV adverts, I've priced them and it is not feesable. The cost for one advert to play is thousands. Without government backing it can't be afforded. Working on that though.

lhotse

Visit site
Seeing as the worst drivers I come across are usually female, I'm not sure it's bring directed in the right direction at all!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I saw a couple of fat bottoms on show pictures taken in fields on FB yesterday and kind of wondered. I mean if they were riding on the road I expect they would cause some slowing down / crashing but I don't think standing in a field is going to do it?

Did a man who likes mostly naked girls leading horses in fields come up with the idea for this campaign maybe?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think it was because of a model posed shot of a girl walking a horse down a road in just riding boots that created bet that would make drivers slow down comments, which it would, but she was a model and it was a pro shoot for something else entirely I thought.