WINDEREN GEL BITS

Piglet

Visit site
I am very interested in buying one of these bits - you can buy a mouthpiece (several choices to be had) and separate but rings (again a big choice) and interchange them. My horse liked his Nathe type bit but chomped through it within a couple of weeks whereas the winderen gel bits are (apparently) chew proof. As they are based in the EU you cannot order anything under £144.00. I bought a mouthpiece and D Rings but my order didn’t come to the minimum amount so I had to order another mouthpiece to make it up to the desired amount. Has anyone used these bits and if so, how did you get around having to order more than you want?

Piglet

Visit site
I looked at the bit bank but they didn’t have the mouthpiece I was after but thank you for the tip

Piglet

Visit site
Just had a look at the bit bank and they don’t sell them separate or have the mouthpiece I am after but thank you for the tip

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
I’ve been using a winderen bit for a couple of years now. First mouthpiece lasted 14mths until I put his cheek pieces up a hole as his bridle was going baggy. I bought a new mouth piece which he chomped into within 2mths so I complained via horse bit bank who were very helpful. not so impressed with Winderen as whilst they agreed to replace it I was told it was my fault for putting the bit wrongly in his mouth? Now I agree I had moved the bit up one hole as the cheek pieces are baggy and I did make a mistake of giving him a mint whilst he had the bit in but I didn’t expect him to be able to make a hole in it that quickly. And it wasn’t very high in his mouth just the appropriate wrinkle and a half type thing.
The replacement is again sitting low in his mouth but he is ok with that, and does have a very short mouth but I look like I can’t fit a bridle! But if he’s happy and it means he doesn’t make holes in it then it’s worth it. Definitely the best non metal bit I’ve tried and the replacement mouth piece is similar in price to a nathe but (subject to fitting) it lasts for ages! mine is just a simple eggbutt. HBB may still be able to get what you need. They put an order with winderen in every few weeks so it’s probably worth a chat with them to see if they can help?