Windgall turnout boots?

bestboys123

New User
Visit site
Hi all,

Just wondering what turnout boots/magnetic boots people recommend for their horses that help with windgalls?. Must be able to be turned out in them as my boy is turned out 24/7! (Does not like the stable)

Thanks!

Carlosmum

Visit site
When my boy had wingalls I used stable bandages so I could get even pressure all the way down. However he was in over night. Could you bandage and then use turnout boots over the top?

claret09

Visit site
i use premier equine protech bug and fly boots - while doesn't have windgalls and they are a soft breathable material, they would definitely offer some compression as you can do them up quite tight and they wouldn't over heat in the warmth. i have been very impressed with them. he always goes out in boots - i use brushing boots and overreach boots in winter but felt they were too heavy to use in summer, hence PE boots - you might look and think they aren't what you want but it was a suggestion. also not expensive. my 17.2 has mediums on the front and large behind. he could easily have had small in front and mediums behind