Windsor shetland

slimjim

Visit site
Anybody know if the pony was OK? (Nasty fall at a jump and screens up/trailored off). The two kids involved looked OK.

slimjim

Visit site
Thanks, scats. It just looked a nasty fall at one of the jumps but then turned into a pileup with the other pony crashing into them (unavoidably though). How sad, but at least the ponies all looked like they were having a high old time until then.

Both of the riders walked away but were probably rather shocked.

timbobs

Visit site
I was there yesterday, and was looking for an update. So sad that the pony didn’t make it, where did you see the update?

Orangehorse

Visit site
Oh dear, not the Pony Grand National, that's sad.

I have watched a few over the years and always hoped that there would never be an accident as they do belt round.

misst

Visit site
That is so sad. My daughter rode for her instructor who had a couple of racing shetlands many years ago. It is always such a fun thing and safety was taken very very seriously. You could not just rock up and join in you had to show competence and obey strict rules. The ponies are such little machines but very loved and cared for - glad the child was ok but surely a very traumatic event for all of them. There are always falls but usually the kids bounce and so do the ponies.