Wintec GP Cair Saddle - FLAT!

Witchy

Visit site
I was lucky enough to buy the above saddle only six months old and sent the husband to pick it up, getting him to check specific bits for me to make sure it was ok....

.....I didn't get him to check the underside!! It seems the pads under the seat that rest on the horse's back are totally flat! The (c)air has deflated :(

Any ideas??

The idiots who I bought it off have also manage to ring the threads on the screws thus making it very very hard to change the gullet - this doesn't bother me though as I know you can replace the screws and screw channels.

Just wondering about the deflated seat? Anyone else experienced this, how did you fix it?

THANK YOU!! for any replies :)

xena_wales

Visit site
There's supposed to be a 5yr warranty on the Cair I think, but that may only apply to the original owner who can provide proof of purchase and who registered for the warranty? Would be worth contacting Weatherbeeta (the UK distributor for Wintec) - they were very helpful when I had a problem with an older Wintec 2000 when the plastic tree points snapped.

Kallibear

Visit site
The saddle only has two air bags, each side - one at the front and one at the back with a small overlap in the middle. If a bag has burst them a whole front or back segment will have gone, not just the middle.

HOWEVER, the 'air' bags are in fact sealed foam and the foam can and does squish and compact, esp in the middle: the tree is far too curved for most horses so there's excess pressure in the middle. It's a very common problem with wintecs, flocked or cair.

There's nothing you can do to retreive the bags if they've compressed but they can be replaced so take it to your saddler.