wintec pro stock saddle

antigone

Visit site
Hi, I have seen some posts on here about this saddle which have said how comfortable it is but does anyone know if the position of the stirrup bars puts you in a chair seat? In the pictures I have seen they look quite far back (which is what I want). Also, as I cannot get a response from wintec does anyone know what size in inches the "medium" corresponds to. Many thanks

Shady

Visit site
My OH rides in one of these and loves it, i have 2 other friends who ride with me and both say it puts them in a nice dressage position , not a chair seat and find it very comfortable and secure , medium is 16'' in the seat, i think it is the equivalent of a 17 english saddle, we ordered the' large 'originally but it was much too big , also too long for the horse, the best i can say is that if you are between size 8- to a small 14 you will be fine with the medium, more and you will need the large, obviously if you are very tall this could affect the size but my OH is 6.2 with a 32'' waist and it is perfect, one friend is 5.1 and size 8 and the other is 5.8 and a big size 12.
feel free to pm me if you have any more questions. xx

antigone

Visit site
My OH rides in one of these and loves it, i have 2 other friends who ride with me and both say it puts them in a nice dressage position , not a chair seat and find it very comfortable and secure , medium is 16'' in the seat, i think it is the equivalent of a 17 english saddle, we ordered the' large 'originally but it was much too big , also too long for the horse, the best i can say is that if you are between size 8- to a small 14 you will be fine with the medium, more and you will need the large, obviously if you are very tall this could affect the size but my OH is 6.2 with a 32'' waist and it is perfect, one friend is 5.1 and size 8 and the other is 5.8 and a big size 12.
feel free to pm me if you have any more questions. xx

Thanks that is really helpful. Haven't worked out how to PM yet! I am 5' 6" and a size 14 with a big bum but I used to ride in a 17" semiflex and was fine in that. The seat on that is far too wide for my 14:2 cob - she is not flat backed or very wide or very long! It sounds as if the medium would be the one to go for. Do you know anything about the tree? is it flexible?

Shady

Visit site
the tree is not flexible, other than that i am not sure! you will need to get the Wintec measuring gauge to get the correct wither fit unless you have a fitter to help you? also you'll need webbers t bar stirrup leathers( 28'' for your height) and a dressage girth. xx

antigone

Visit site
the tree is not flexible, other than that i am not sure! you will need to get the Wintec measuring gauge to get the correct wither fit unless you have a fitter to help you? also you'll need webbers t bar stirrup leathers( 28'' for your height) and a dressage girth. xx

Thanks for that, you are soooooo helpful. Got girth and leathers and I have done a template so I can find out which gullet I need.

melbiswas

Visit site
If you live near me you could try sitting in our medium one. The poleys do hold you in and give quite a different feel to a 17 inch GP I find. Ours has swinging fenders so prob a different leg position?
I agree that the medium would probably be the best one for your cob

antigone

Visit site
Thank you melbiswas. I am up in Yorkshire so that is a bit far away. I am trying to find a retailer that has one in stock so I can have at least a sit on in the shop. It is a bit too big a leap of faith to buy one without trying it first.