Wintec Stirrup Bars

lesley18

New User
Visit site
i recently purchased a Wintec Cair saddle and had a professional saddler fit it. Went on a ride straight after and the stirrup leather came off. My horse freaked and i fell off. Took to hospital in ambulance and have torn ligaments and muscles around my ribs and shoulder so cannot ride now. The same happened with someone else riding him to the point now where the livery stables refuse to use the saddle as its too dangerous. Has anyone else had the same problem with stirrup leathers coming away from the saddle and if so what did you do?

dianchi

Visit site
Nope never had a problem with mine, its the close contact SJ one.

I have the webbing leathers on it, what leathers do you have? Are they on the bar properly?

And I do this in it..................
photo1_zpsf71dd290.jpg

lesley18

New User
Visit site
Wow, fab photo.. yes they were put in correctly. I am using Collegiate stirrup leathers which were fitted by the saddler. The saddle is the Wintec 2000 All purpose CAIR

Casey76

Visit site
I rode in a Wintec 2000 for a few years, and the only time a stirrup leather came off was when I managed to get hung up on another horses bridle - also playing horseball. In fact I always fount it extremely difficult to change my leathers over as the bars were so sight to the under skirting.

Dubsie

Visit site
Seems odd, we've a Wintec 2000, must be a good 6+ years old, but we've newish stirrup leathers and I hate having to take them off/put them back on if we've swapped child on ponies, as there's really not much room for manoeuvre. Fiddly doesn't come into it.

LiffWee93

Visit site
nope, never heard of it and have had wintecs a while now.. the only time i have known one to come off is when a friend changed the length while on board, and inadvertantly pulled the leather half off the bar without realising.. pony did same thing as yours! but that saddle was not a wintec anyways, hope you recover soon though!

1Lucie

Visit site
Yes I have a brand new wintec 2000 ap. Have had it 2 months and I have exactly same problem !! I thought it was just me !!!

budley95

Visit site
Never had a problem with my wintec and leathers. I have some very well oiled gfs leathers on it that I need to replace. I hope you're ok and you recover quickly. Anyway you can get the stirrup bars checked? Was it the same bar that allowed the stirrup leathers to come off both times?

hrimfaxi

Visit site
I have the same problem with a Wintec gp we bought new about a year ago. Both synthetic and leather leathers slip off regularly although was much worse when we used synthetic leathers. My part loaner fell off out hacking due to the stirrup coming off.

I'm not sure what to do about it but I tend to check the leather is sat in the right place more often and am more careful about keeping weight in my stirrup. Must say I was paranoid about them coming off when going xc yesterday!

I have 3 other saddles, an older Wintec Isabelle Werth and Bates Caprilli dressage and jumping saddles (Bates are same manufacturers) and haven't had this problem with any of them.

My saddler commented on how rubbish the stirrup bars were on new wintecs.

SallyBatty

Visit site
I've had my Wintec 2000 GP for 7 years now and never had a problem. In fact, as mentioned above, it is very difficult to remove the stirrup leathers when I want to. The new ones do sound dangerous. Have you still got the receipt and tried taking it back to where you purchased it from to see what they say?

Tnavas

Visit site
Never had a problem with any of the Wintec or Bates which are made by the same Australian company.

They only do that if the front is sitting too high - did you add a numnah or two after the saddle had been fitted?

When you have the saddle on and girthed up the stirrup bars should be horizontal to the ground - if not then you need to either remove some of the extra numnahs or have the saddler back to refit.

Orchardbeck

Visit site
I had an old style wintec 500 years ago on my then welsh D x Tb who used to rear a fair bit (the two things were possibly related) and the stirrups used to slide off which was most inconvenient... However we were at 180 degrees so couldn't entirely blame the saddle for that! The bar did actually bend outwards somehow too. Otherwise I find the bars very difficult to get leathers on if they are even slightly thick, the slimline ones are the only ones that work for me.

Tnavas

Visit site
I had an old style wintec 500 years ago on my then welsh D x Tb who used to rear a fair bit (the two things were possibly related) and the stirrups used to slide off which was most inconvenient... However we were at 180 degrees so couldn't entirely blame the saddle for that! The bar did actually bend outwards somehow too. Otherwise I find the bars very difficult to get leathers on if they are even slightly thick, the slimline ones are the only ones that work for me.

To put any stirrup leather on easily, girth up saddle - make a loop of the leather, lift the back of the saddle up and slide on. They will go on as easy as pie.