Wintec VSD with cair... who uses one?

ginginandtonic

Visit site
.. and do you like it?

Just got an email from a saddlery with a sale on... am very tempted as want something a bit straighter cut than a GP, but need to continue with a saddle with a changable gullet system for my youngster....

nobbster

Visit site
i had one for my boy i did like it but did find after a while well a long while it started to slightly slip ather than that i liked it,

but hard to change gullet heehe.x

ginginandtonic

Visit site
.. yeah I know, easy my butt... me and my OH took ages to change the one in my GP and it still wasn't wide enough after all that!! lol

If it slipped after a long while, are you saying it stretched/changed shape? Or did your horse change shape??? Confused????

nobbster

Visit site
he prob did as he was young but i went to a stubben,
as new job treat hehe.

but i do find that with wintecs cair system or not they do slip slightly not sure why but my friends horse hasn't change shape and hers did aswell but not a massive diffrence just enough to notice it.

sorry not alot of help

Chico Mio

Antedeluvian
Visit site
Yes I use one on MoM, basically because it was on offer as a package with an online saddlery
blush.gif
She is a fairly standard fit so the medium gullet it came with is fine. I do use a gel pad under it as she is an old lady and deserves a bit of padding. Judging from some of the white hair patches and bald bits she has on her back it's probably the best fitting saddle she has ever had.

OrangeEmpire

www.equestrian-portrait.com
Yup used one for the past 2 years on my mare. Find it to be brilliant for the money. When I'm rich (yeah right) I'm buying a WOW saddle. Until then, the Wintec VSD will do very nicely.

Feel now I'm doing more advanced schooling I might like a proper dressage saddle to help with my seat but other than that it is good.

does slip a bit but not too badly. I'd make sure you pay attention when you have it fitted tho as technically my mare should take a 17inch but she and I found the 16.5 much more comfortable and didn't slip nearly so much.

hadfos

Visit site
Had one for my lad...only had it 2 wks i hated it
frown.gif
,it did nothing but slip,traded in and went back to good old leather
smile.gif

Janette

Visit site
I swapped from a wintec VSD to a WOW - and I have to say that I find the Wintec really uncomfortable now. It doesn't help my position at all - think 'armchair' seat.