Winter boots

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I'm starting to look at winter boots, mainly for yard use. Need to be waterproof, long, and able to be washed down with a hose. I want them to be suitable for riding in too.

Last year i brought the derby house Woofwear copies, (long padded boots) and where the rubber foot meets the padded bit they rubbed me really badly.

I've been looking at Muck co boots and mountain horse rimfrost. Has anyone any recommendations? Or should I just stick with wellies??

Onyxia

Visit site
Stylo start are fab, my first pair of long boots and lasted many years(was a wp at the time so got a fair amount of use!).
Obviously a riding boot but were comfy enough for all day on the yard.

PuddingandElla

Visit site
My feet used to get really cold in the winter. Someone on here recommended Ariat Artic Tall. They are the best boots i have ever bought. My feet stayed warm - even with thin socks on. They are great to ride in too. Waterproof and everything! They certainly get my vote!

darkangel1243

photobucket.com
I have Muck Co boots very warm only need 1 pair of thin socks but find them a tad slippy in real mud,I also have Tuffa boots (suffolk style) which are fantastic totally waterproof just hose them down when I'm finished and not slippery just a wee bit heavy on the foot, I also have Mountain Horse Rimfrost although I think they are called Ice riders now not waterproof as the zip goes down quite far down just above the heel so it does let the water in if deep mud.
So just to recap as I think I'm waffling:-
My favourite are Tuffa Suffolk 2nd Muck Co 3rd Mountain horse

paulo

Visit site
I have the woof wear boots and they are fab and dont rub me at all, very cosy. Maybe it was just a fault with the copies?

Blizzard

Visit site
I LOVE my Tuffa Suffolk boots, they are the best yard boots ever IMO. Waterproof, sheepskin lined, look really good, can ride in them, and they look fab!
smile.gif

welshies

Visit site
Muck co ones are really good. Very warm and like wearing slippers, only problem is if you get the wellies rather that the riding version the grip is pretty non existant. I had to stop wearing mine in the mud in the end as i couldn't stand up straight!! I wear Hunter Torlundy (waterproof leather) and they are the best thing ever!!!! Only thing is hunter have stopped making all their leather range!
frown.gif
I've never tried the rimfrost but do like mountain horse, my 'show' boot are MH, and i alwasy used to use the muck boots when i was younger. Have a look at equestrianclearance web site!

Janette

Visit site
Has anybody tried the Equitector boots, with 'climate control'?........just wondering as I'm pondering the same question as Welshies.

I'll never put MH boots on my feet again, as they totally wrecked the tendons in my feet a few years ago.

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I LOVE my Tuffa Suffolk boots, they are the best yard boots ever IMO. Waterproof, sheepskin lined, look really good, can ride in them, and they look fab!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I love my Tuffa Suffolks too, they are marvellous!

browbrow

Visit site
Hello

Well I have had some mountain horse Rimfrosts now for a good nine months and they have been used everyday scince - they are the best boots I have ever had - still look brand new - I would also be shocked if the zip went as its very chunky and robust - however my boots are wide and I can get my foot in them without zipping them up so maybe that is the reason why they havent bust
grin.gif
grin.gif

I got them of ebay - thought I was getting a bargain as I paid £20 less for them then rrp BUT they are seconds from the factory - the left heal became a bit sqweeky and started to loosen but a bit of no more nails glue and - ta da - Good as new!!

I love them !! I have no cartlidge in my left ankle any more and they really support my foot!!

They smell a bit funny inside mind - an bit chemically !
grin.gif

Will defo get another pair - when these wear out but that should be a few years yet!