Winter mode?

ShadowHunter

Visit site
My lot started coming in overnight this past Saturday. They're all very willing to come in which is unusual so the weather must be getting to them too! TB is lightly rugged now and the hairy cob is getting clipped this weekend.

Scarlett

Visit site
Are people clipping already?!

We're still in summer routine.... and in total denial.

I've put a rug on my 23yo, but the others are still out naked 24/7.

Our stables are being moved, so no chance of changing routine for a few weeks until the work is done even if we wanted too.

southerncomfort

Visit site
It's absolutely foul here today...wet, chilly and blowing a gale.

Ponies are turned out in the school as the field they're at the moment is really exposed. They seem happy enough though.

Shoei

Visit site
Awful here today too! I have just lunged as I feared for my life with Chester skittling around in the wind today, that in itself was interesting!!!

I'm off the week after next for a fortnight and hoping to get all my winter prep done then. Although some of it will be foal prep as he is currently being weaned before coming here!

I try to keep them out until at least after bonfire night but they will be changing fields the next week or so.

Shoei

Visit site
Off to stay away dressage training this week, testing out my new extra warm sleeping bag before it's next trip out in the new year.... flipping crackers I think but I love it!!!

bouncing_ball

Visit site
My favourite was brilliantly waterproof but is a few years old, in fact the several old non waterproofs I have are all the same. Great but a few years on have started letting in water.
Ill give Nikwax a try.
Thank you for the probably obvious idea there!
I sent two coats off with 4 rugs for nikwax wash snd reproof ??