Winter Survival, Top Five Items

tristar

Visit site
turnout yard

riding surface

ski wear all in ones, cos it doesn't get gaps between top and bottom

oh yes, and lovely neighbour who cleans out my stables every morning and takes my stallion for 3 mile walks, and tidies up the muckheap very neatly, not trying to make anyone jealous really !

Morgan123

Visit site
Great thread! and I'm super reassured to know I'm not the only person to walk around with a hot water bottle in my waistband on occasion!!! haha.

At the moment I'm loving my £10 Aldi ski jacket and £3 Aldi ski gloves. Miles better than the last brand name ones I bought, and I won't care if I ruin them. <3 Aldi

tristar

Visit site
hi dibbin, I buy ski suits as I call them whenever I see them, just look around, they are out there, I got an all in one worksuit last year in an army and navy shop, its fully quilted lining is so warm, but it was the only one in there, good luck.

Enfys

Visit site
Where do you find these magical garments? I was just saying to my mum at the weekend I'd love basically an adult snowsuit ...

Charity shops are your friend! Or farm/workwear/sailing stores will carry insulated and waterproof suits. My friend in Wales loves her all in one waterproof suit.

xDundryx

Visit site
Sealskinz
Headtorch
Deep litter beds
GSOH (Good Sense Of Humour)
OH (for foot warming and wine pouring purposes!)

mastermax

Visit site
Lots of love for heated drinkers so far!!

And TGM I never considered the difference rubber matting made to the stable temperature re water buckets/freezing etc...I should add my mating to my list, definitely take it for granted.

I can definitely see how "mating" at the stables would warm you up! Although by the time all the thermal layers had been removed I think the "moment" would have gone.