Wire fox terriers...

Nudibranch

Visit site
Anyone have one? Am thinking ahead big time here as hopefully we will have another 5-6 years before we need to get another dog!
Have had collies, a saluki and a dachshund but really like WFTs. I just don't know anyone who has owned one.
I'm hoping they have reliable recall once trained, are good with kids and don't smell too strongly....space and off lead exercise are plentiful.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I love them and have had several but I think there's a reason they became popular as old lady dogs, as they can get quite attached to one person and a bit grumpy with children and other dogs. They're very bright, need plenty of exercise (they were designed to run with the pack of hounds before the days of terrier men on quad bikes). They're prone to skin conditions and you are meant to hand strip them because they have a double coat, although most people clip them if they're not being shown. Either way you do need to do something with the coat regularly.

On the plus side they are feisty, game, loyal little dogs with big personalities :)

Fiona

Visit site
I have a fox terrier x Lakeland terrier cross, and she is a super family dog....

Good recall when out and about, big enough to lollop along beside bikes or horses.

Needs regularly clipped..

Ours is a very vocal dog ie she grumbles in her throat when you do anything ie dry her paws that she doesn't like, however she never snaps, its all just giving off..

Fiona