Wired ear rash thingy...PICS

merry mischief

Visit site
My poor pooch has a weird skin thing on his ear. It has been there since November, not bothering him. Not got worse but no better either. Vet checked in Jan but said they had no idea what it was, anyone got any ideas?

merry mischief

Visit site
No, vet was very dismissive when they saw it, but as its not cleared up I thought I'd try to arm myself with info before I go back x

Bellasophia

Visit site
It looks inflamed and with tiny pustules...id get a skin scape too...if it's bacterial they will give to an antibiotic cream..it could be fungal,or even mites...so definitely get it diagnosed..is it itchy?

Bellasophia

Visit site
I've returned to look again and enlarged the pic..it looks like the follicles are inflamed...have you tried an antibacterial shampoo on the ear?(chlorexyderm) Then swab it daily with hibiscrub ,or another antibacterial..worth a try before you go.

abb123

Visit site
Do the ears flap about a lot?

Just that our golden retriever has very flappy ears and can sometimes get a bit of a rash or irritation where the ear flops over. It looks like it might be where the skin folds over if he is running about a lot. I would try some aloe vera gel.

SusieT

Visit site
If you're sure its not just pigmentation I'd query a biopsy. I'd probably go for a second opinion from a specific small animal vet