Wiston Bridget has had a foal

CharlyOscar

Visit site
International Showjumper, Wiston Bridget had a foal a week ago. The Sire is Renkum Valentino and she is at the Renkum Stud. The foal is a black colt, with his mum's head.

Her first foal, Renkum Bridger is now a four year old, and the Old Lodge owns him, and he is starting BSJA with Steven Franks.

The mare who was ridden by Tim Stockdale had many International wins, including the Prussiance at HOYS in 2001 where she jumped 7ft 2 and a half inches. She was first reserve for the Sydney Olympics, and she gave my family a lot of exictement with coming second in the Hickstead Derby with a double clear.

We need to think of a name . . . I have not got any pictures yet but will take some next week. So any suggests would be greatly recieved, and the prefix is Renkum.

Gingerbird

Visit site
How lovely!

She was always super to watch jump, I loved her.

Can you use the 'Winston' bit for some sort of political name for the new baby?

CharlyOscar

Visit site
She defo has to have Renkum as the prefix cos she has been there for five years :S
We just hope that it has the same jump as her. The four year old is looking very promising apparently and they have high hopes for it.
Ill post pictures up next week.

eoe

Visit site
God I wondered where she had gone, its nice to know where she is and that she is breeding good quality foals, I like the heavier bred horses and she was always an inspiration to those of us with the non TB/Warmblood horses. I will always remember her going round Hickstead.

What about Renkum Wiston Ebony or RW Junior or RW Diamond.

CharlyOscar

Visit site
Yeahhh they sound good!!!
Yeahh we were thinking of bringing her back into work as she is finally sound (after jumping off the top of the back). But she seems so happy being a mummy (a very good one at that) and do not see the need for her to come back.

Hopefully Ronnie, Tim Stockdale's old groom, is going to put her to For Pleasure, so that would be amazing breeding.

The reason why my family bought her was because she was bred down the road in Crewe where my mum had grown up
laugh.gif
we have owned her for years and she is still eating loads of polos

SpruceRI

Visit site
So glad that WB is still about and being well loved.

I remember one of the commentators at Hickstead saying that WB had 'a bit of the cart about her' - meaning she wasn't far off a cart horse!

Whether he was being rude or not, it didn't matter, as she was a horse who proved that you don't have to be fine and skinny to be a show jumper.

She's from a bit of a dying breed of showjumper, the chunky sort. John Whittakers Ryans Son was the other sort I loved.

As to a name for her foal, uhm.... Renkum Bridget's Best?
Renkum Wiston Why Not...

!

loopylucifer

Visit site
That great news I knew her first two foals cant belive the first is four now, good to see its being ridden by steven as he is a fab jockey.
Will get thinking onthe name front! would be fab to see the pictures

Dottie

Visit site
Ohh! I love Winston Bridget! She is one of my favorite showjumpers!!

Can't help with names but will look forward to piccies!!
laugh.gif