(With apologies!) ...Another "dog walking during lock down" thread

{97702}

Visit site
I wasn't suggesting anyone ring 999, but there is an online reporting system set up on my Force's website specifically for reporting lock down infractions, so I am not sure how that would be wasting resources. Presumably the police decide what they are going to follow up themselves.

I would expect to be reported if I breached any of the lock down rules and as the question of driving to exercise dogs is so ambiguous, I will not do that either as unsure how my car insurers would view the journey in the event of a claim.

It will be interesting to see whether Farage gets a slap on the wrist for his admissions.

I was interested to see that Northants police have had a massive surge in people reporting breaches of government guidelines on Covid 19 - I still suspect that’s because their chief constable seems to spend his whole time on Twitter so they are seen as accessible ? (I used to follow him until even I got bored with the number of tweets he did!)

druid

Visit site
Yes I completely understand that argument, I really don’t need it explained to me - I just happen to have risk assessed the activity somewhat differently myself. It’s a personal view, it doesn’t happen to change what I am actually doing which, as I’ve said, is abiding by government guidelines

Well you do keep banging on about it!!

Leo Walker

Visit site
I was interested to see that Northants police have had a massive surge in people reporting breaches of government guidelines on Covid 19 - I still suspect that’s because their chief constable seems to spend his whole time on Twitter so they are seen as accessible ? (I used to follow him until even I got bored with the number of tweets he did!)

Going by the holier than thou atitude I keep seeing on here I'm not surprised. What I am so confused about is if everyone is following the restrictions as you all claim, who are all these people out hacking in pairs or groups, and these people cramming up behind you in petrol station ques, or driving to the beach etc, etc, etc? I see so many people blatantly flouting rules, yet every single person here claims its not them, so just who is it?

What I have noticed is the more people rant and rave about people not following the instructions etc, the worse their behaviour is in real life. I am aware that I am basing that on a small sample of people in my close circle. Speaking to others they have found the same though. Interesting phenomenon.

skinnydipper

Visit site
Im sure the police arent interested in people having an extra solitary dog walk, they are far more interested in people congregating by having a barbeque or playing foot ball matches or at least they should be. These are the people who will get the restrictions tightened for the rest of us.

We are not children. How many times do we need to be told we can exercise once a day, with or without a dog, and not to travel by car to do so?

Expo

Visit site
We are not children. How many times do we need to be told we can exercise once a day, with or without a dog, and not to travel by car to do so?

Quite a few it would seem! I heard this morning that our local police are asking people NOT to report infringements, as they are inundated and have better things to do than chase up the odd solitary "twice a day" dog walker. As someone has said, it's more about large gatherings etc. However, I fear that these infringements will ultimately result in us all being further restricted.

{97702}

Visit site
He isnt the only one - according to quite a lot of QCs and other barristers, the police are over reaching their authority a great deal when interpreting the new legislation....

I won’t post links to it all, but see the Secret Barrister amongst others on Twitter.

(OK, one example or the sceptics will accuse me of making it up ?)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

skinnydipper

Visit site
A journalist asked about the Police approach at today's briefing.

Dominic Raab said - the number one thing the Police are rightly trying to convey is that people need to follow the guidance not just to the letter but also to the spirit.

He said he fully supports what the Police are trying to achieve.

Moobli

Visit site
I wasn't suggesting anyone ring 999, but there is an online reporting system set up on my Force's website specifically for reporting lock down infractions, so I am not sure how that would be wasting resources. Presumably the police decide what they are going to follow up themselves.

I would expect to be reported if I breached any of the lock down rules and as the question of driving to exercise dogs is so ambiguous, I will not do that either as unsure how my car insurers would view the journey in the event of a claim.

It will be interesting to see whether Farage gets a slap on the wrist for his admissions.

This is sounding more and more like a Police State. No thank you!