Wits end with feeding Equimins!

Kat

Visit site
With both the salt and the equimins you need to start with a really tiny amount and build up gradually. I would definitely get a mash type feed to mix it in, speedibeet/fibrebeet/fast fibre would work, I use copra but that is a bit of an acquired taste so unless you can try a bit of someone elses I wouldn't buy a whole bag.

Literally start with a tiny pinch and stick with that for a few days before increasing it.

Try adding mint or fenugreek to the feed to make it smell nice too.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Have you tried Farriers Formula? Its quite old school nowadays but mine used to love it when I fed it to any with bad feet and it really helped. They're just little pellets and you feed a very small cupful. You could just give him that and some sort of balancer which again needs only a little amount? Smaller portions he might eat better than padding out with chaff etc. which he doesnt really need?

If I have a really picky eater (or have to get medicine into them) then I get Rowen & Barbury ReadyMash then soak it with warm water. It smells amazing, Id eat it. Everything Ive had will always wolf it down.