Woah Shamrock...WOAH..!!

Elsbells

Visit site
Yes except that just as often some numpty with no Knowledge of race horses winds up killing a horse or maybe themselves. I watched two friends go out for a hack One had a new ex racehorse . They swopped horses. I was amazed and thought ,wow I must have misjudged the other riders ability.Sadly I had not ,they never made it home .The horse mistook the rider taking a hold as a signal to go. Tried to jump a moving car lengthways . Rider seriously hurt.Horse ultimately PTS.
Oh horrible! Riding is a dangerous sport and we shouldn't forget that. We have to have some respect for the animal that we trust our lives to, novices shouldn't be riding ex racers full stop!

Enfys

Visit site
I was wondering why he didn't just stick the horses nose in a hedge to stop it (it's what I do on the rare occasion my little madam takes charge, the only time I can't do it is when there are ditches in front of the hedges, then I resort to swearing)

Those looked like flailed hedges to me, only an idiot would run themselves and a horse into those things.

I think the guy was a good sport to put this up.

Falling off? We all know that if you are not used to going fast for a while, your body turns to jelly.

No-one is perfect, we all learn, sometimes the hard way.
I am pretty sure that the majority of us have had moments like this, although this hardly classed as a bolt, more a tb jolly , and not all of us knew what to do to slow down either.

Pigeon

Visit site
I laughed hysterically. Is that really bad? I think it was the gleeful little tb ears - reminded me so much of my guy. Bet the horse had a grand old time.

I agree that novices and ex racehorses are a bad idea, and thank god it was all off road! But horse and rider are fine, and I hope rider will have learnt from the experience (and no doubt all the teasing from his friends and colleagues!!).