Wobbleberry... It's a start dressage horse jumping

blitznbobs

Visit site
So I signed up for Wobbleberry and I've not jumped anything since I was about 18.., I signed up with no horse but thought I could borrow one... So about 3 days ago I realised that I have a 5 year old sports horse whose mother was a grade A show jumper.. So what if I made the challenge just a little bit harder? Wobbleberry events dressage horse?

Today I introduced my horsey to jumping - just a cross pole, guess what she loved it and got a bit overexcited ! So here goes nothing... Dressage pair will now embark on this journey together!

Anyone else Wobbling with Wobbleberry?

teach

Visit site
I'm a wobbleberry! I'm doing it with the horse I took on loan today!! I have been riding her for a couple of months, but my boy went to his retirement home today, and she became mine 😁

tiga71

Visit site
I am also a wobbleberry. I am doing it on my youngster Floyd. He is 7 and very green. We have done 3 walk and trot tests, ever, gone to one clear round baby jumping and didn't go clear, and been baby xc schooling 4 times. He has just had 2.5 months off as had to take his shoes off. His shoes go back on a week on Monday and we will be cracking on.

He has had 5 sessions of equine water treadmill over last few weeks and will have one a week for next few months to help his core and, as the chiro put it, 'make sure he has a leg in each corner'.

Bring it on!

mairiwick

Visit site
I've signed up too. Have massive self doubt/confidence crushing issues and has been at least 5 months since I last dared to jump. Today, after helping my friend at Kelsall Hill BE, and feeling very sick about the prospect of this time next year having to face a similar environment, I went back to my yard, tacked up and rode in the jumping field. Jumped teeny jumps but went over each one without causing any alarm for my girl- no where near the challenge level yet but feeling happy and proud for the first time in a while with what we did!
Onwards and Upwards!

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm doing it, though we're definitely pathfinder rather than core. Midget's cruising around 65cm clear rounds and we're doing a prelim on Sunday. Very little xc under our belts, but he's bold and smart so hopefully we can crack on with some training and fundraising and get going!

Mike007

Visit site
Hi,count me in too. Its exactly 4 years to the day since I had a rather life changing fall with Bob the notacob. I tried schooling round the BE80 course at Tweseldown this summer. My first xc since the crash. I realised a number of things. My nerve is in tatters, I need to loose a lot of weight , and that at present I can only do 3 or 4 jumps at a time before running out of oxygen (right lung doesnt work anymore). Being over 60 also doesnt help ....."Who knew????". Couple this with Mr Notacobs total inability to do dressage (even had a test stopped on safety grounds once!).He will however tackle absolutely anything that could be remotely described as a jump. Usually with more enthusiasm than success. So basically we have our Wobbleberry work cut out. I hope between us we can do justice to Hannah s cause and raise some money.

Katastrophy

Visit site
Me too! My carriage driving horse and I will be starting proper training a bit later as I'm due an op on Oct 10th to remove the metalwork gained as a result of our last foray into jumping- rotational fall in the school and a smashed collarbone for me, metalwork been in two years as when it was due to come out, I had a baby instead!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I've joined too and had the email yesterday about properly committing.
All along I've been a maybe about the whole thing and there is still a lot of stuff I'm not sure about!
The sponsorship- was a minimum amount decided? If I am asking people to sponsor me to do something next Autumn I don't feel able to expect money from now? How does that work?
I'm not sure what happens between now and then? Where/how often at what cost etc
Is the event going to be the one originally mentioned? This was way too far for me and my lorry!
I still need more details still and can't find them!
Can anyone help or point out where I've missed the above?

blitznbobs

Visit site
There Is a minimum sponsorship this is 50 pounds. If you drop out this is what you pay xx

All events that will be organised are optional and there should be some in your area as there are different regions.

As for the big event, as I understand it, although there will be a day that most Wobbleberry s will be able to go to, the challenge is to do a BE80... Any BE 80 which you can do on a day ticket however the organisers know that not everyone will make it to that so don't panic.

rachk89

Visit site
Good luck to you all who are doing it. I would love to, but I dont think they are doing it up here in Scotland?

I might try next year anyway and get people to sponsor me for the charity, but not as a Wobbleberry if its not happening near me. There are still events going on, just maybe not part of this. My work colleagues will sponsor me I imagine just to find out if I fall off and break anything! I imagine they'll take bets that I will because of how clumsy I am. :p The horse could do it, its whether or not I have the courage.

Bernster

Visit site
I'm signed up. I think anyone can do it and not necessarily have to be a be 80, although that is the main aim, but not everyone will want to join be and I'm not sure we'd all get an entry either. Our yard might even do our own mini version, we can do dr and sj then hire out a local course for the xc phase, but likely to be over a couple of days, so not strictly a ode but might be a nice way to do it as a group.

I'll be a pathfinder but still a lot of prep and training to do, but I enjoy that.

Bright_Spark

Visit site
I've signed up too. I'm going to be doing it on my mare (I'd rather do it on my gelding, but do not think he'd be able to do it due to an old injury), she has not really done any jumping but she is quite good at it so I think she will be ok. Well once we have sorted the spooking at everything issue anyway!
At the moment, I'm having days where the thought of getting on scares me, so I seriously have my work cut out!

sussex_sun

Visit site
I'm doing it too....eek. I have a lovely ex-eventer on loan, and have been riding him regularly for the last 3 months, but I haven't ridden much (or jumped anything) in the last 30 years - eek!!

tiga71

Visit site
I'm doing it too....eek. I have a lovely ex-eventer on loan, and have been riding him regularly for the last 3 months, but I haven't ridden much (or jumped anything) in the last 30 years - eek!!

Are you on FB? We have a Southeast Wobbleberries page if you are. I am one of the Southeast reps.

Wimbles

Visit site
I'm another Wobbleberry. Currently unable to ride due to a smashed humerus that has been pinned/plated/screwed. It's going to be a big ask to find my battered confidence and convince Dangerous Brian to partake in all three disciplines!

Mike007

Visit site
Oh Bummer! Thats nasty. I got shingles from falling off and ricking my back once. So glad I didnt have it again when I really piled in last time. Remember Teach .We are wobbleberrys and we are made of sterner stuff than those blooming kids who bounce when they fall off .

claracanter

Visit site
I'm not a wobble berry OP but I thought you might like to know previously my horse spent most of his life as a German dressage horse. Now in the UK, he is an all rounder and absolutely loves his jumping. You go for it, girl!!