WOLKENDERRY OR LORD LUIS FOALS

CUMWHINTON

New User
Visit site
I am putting my mare in foal this spring and have narrowed my search down to Lord Luis or Wolkenderry. Does anyone have any of their offspring? I am mainly interested in temperament.

sallyf

Visit site
Gosh those stallions are like chalk and cheese.
One jumping and one dressage.
Personally i like Lord Luis although havnt seen any of his foals but i have him on a watch list for a big TB mare i have to breed a potential eventer

TheMule

Visit site
Depends what you want to produce?!
I'd only use LL to produce an sjer, he has a difficult neck for anything else, whereas Wolkenderry would produce a dressage horse, not a jumper....

Dillydot

Visit site
I love Wolkenderry and from what I have seen, he definitely does jump! It depends which stallion compliments your mare the best! I breed for movement, my opinion is if you have the paces then it is all in the training from there, whether you train them to be an eventer/SJ/dressage horse! I like mine to do all three!!

emlybob

Visit site
I have a 2 year old colt by wolkenderry with the most fantastic temperament. You wouldn't know he was a colt. I am so so pleased with him that I will be using him again this year. He is a super stallion with an incredible hind leg. However I do echo what the others have said, these stallions are like chalk and cheese

emmah

www.amazingpase.co.uk
I have a Lord Luis foal due in 9 days time so will let you know then.....I am so excited especially having seen how much he has come on over the last 12 months :) :)

velv

Visit site
I have a 2 yr old gelding by Wolkenderry. He is a real character, was everyones favourite foal at Twemlows and was so bold as soon as he came out. Ive taken him to a few comps and hes not bothered by anything and would rather investigate everything! Hes very cheeky and I cant wait to get started with him I dont think anything will phase him when ridden work comes! Wolkenderry himself is such a gentleman and I was amazed how chilled he was when I visited him at home when I was stallion shopping more like a gelding in manners.

CUMWHINTON

New User
Visit site
I have quite a heavy/long KWPN mare and was looking mainly for more compact stallions. I am only a leisure/amateur rider so just really want something to do a bit of everything, but with a nice trainable temperament. I have seen one of LL's daughters Millfield Longsocks but I am not keen on her head. Dont know if WD has any older offspring who are competing already?

Ivanna88

New User
Visit site
I have met one Wolkenderry foal and he was superb. Out of a well bred but ordinary mare and the foal was the spitting image of his father, especially in terms of type. He had beautiful movement, same hindleg as his father and a great temperament. Just a super super foal. The owner said the best she'd had foal out of the mare.

sallyf

Visit site
I was dissapoined with the wolkenderry foal we had here last year as she moved very show pony like and was pretty sharp,she also had her sires neck set which im not that keen on.
I was expecting sometthing much more spectacular considering the mare she was out of.
I prefered the Elroon foal the mare had the year before who was much calmer but thats just my personal experience and probably not that of others.
Not my mare or foals so just assessing them from a subjective point of view not a personal one.

koeffee

Visit site
i have a wolkenderry in on livery, its not what i would want to breed? pm if you want more details,he was stunning at hartpury though. Lord Luis is very nice and jumps!

sarah and hatty

Visit site
I fell in love with Wolkenderry when i went to visit Tremlows, i didn't use him as i was looking for a tb but he had the most gorgeous temp and a truly stunning horse.

Whizz105

Visit site
Very happy with my now 2 yr old filly, intelligent and friendly. consistently in red ribbons and cant wait to get her under saddle.

If I could I would repeat the breeding :)

Aredis

Visit site
Lord Luis is one of my favourites, he has a super temperament.

Have you any idea who you would register the foal with, Luis has recently been graded with SHBGB if this is a consideration.

MoorEquestrian

New User
Visit site
Hi, I have a Wolkenderry colt who is one this year. He has the loveliest temperament, and is very laid back. My 10 year old daughter can feed him, brush him, lead him etc. (supervised of course). He walks onto the trailer when asked, is great with the farrier, vet, he is so easy to handle and look after. He currently lives out with another yearling colt we have
I have had the privilege to meet Wish (Wolkenderry) at home, and he was very laid back in the stable and when being ridden