Wolverhampton Racecourse/ Gallops around south staffs number?

Wobble

Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone have the telephone number needed to hire Wolverhampton racecourse, everything on the website is directed at hiring the rooms/ venue as a whole and the office number is an automated message that dosen't give me the choice I want :(

Alternatively can anyone recommend any gallops to hire around the south staffs/ Wolverhampton area? and any teleophone numbers would be helpful/ appreciated. We are based in Brewood if that helps. We have heard of Helshaw Grange in shrops but seeing if there are any closer.

Thanks in advance! :)

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
There's one on the road between Much Wenlock and Bridgnorth. I can't remember the name but it's a small racing yard I think. If you drive towards MW from BN, you'll see it on the left hand side. Sorry I don't have a number and can't give more info. I've used it but always with someone else who booked it.

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
I have friends who have hired the whole racecourse before now to stage a harness racing fixture (including stabling facilities and food outlets) and it was EXTORTIONATE. Still is, and they keep hiring it. Definitely not wiping its face...better to try local gallops (can't help you there as I'm in Scotland!)

Wobble

Visit site
Thank you all for replying :)

In the end we hired one in Market Drayton called Helshaw Grange.

Wolverhampton did get back to my email eventually and they said it is only available to hire on non raceday mornings in the week but it is only £20 per horse which I didn't think was too bad.

Thanks again all for responding!

mil1212

Visit site
Wobble can you tell me who the contact is now at Helshaw? I go every Spring and every year there's a different racehorse trainer in situ!
lamlyn2012 - whenever I have been there has been no one else there, perfectly friendly in my book! I find them tough gallops, quite steep!

Wobble

Visit site
Hey,

No one was there at Helshaw we were left to our own devices but the gallops have been maintained well.

It was my friend who got in contact Mil1212, she found the owner of the estate who said the whole lot was up for sale. His name was Adrian Dean but I don't have the contact number will try and get it off my friend.

I did notice when we pulled in "Kevin Frost Racing" was at the entrance and after googling him I have found this website advertising the facilities so he may still be training there? http://www.kevinfrostracing.co.uk/

Last edited:

mil1212

Visit site
Thanks Wobble, it's been for sale for as long as I can remember, if only I could win the lottery - 2.5 million!
Ah it was Kevin Frost last year, that's a good sign, when I googled the other day an entirely different trainer came up!